My Children Are Smarter Than I

I have to put these things down so I don't forget I just thought they were too cute! One thing I have noticed about my children is I NEED to be careful about what I say around them, they remember EVERYTHING :-) One day when we were praying I said "bless the work of daddy's hands" and of course every prayer since then has not been complete unless we pray for daddy's hands :-) To top it off, today at lunch Colin was leading the prayer and prayed "please bless the work of daddy's hands and bless the work of daddy's feet" :-) it was too cute. I guess he wanted to make sure daddy was fully covered in prayer :-) One great thing about praying with my children is that when we pray for something they will want to pray for everything over each time, once a day is not enough, every time we pray we must pray for everything we have ever prayed for before :-) We have a friend who's dad we have been praying would find the Lord and we prayed "Lord please help Keri's dad to know you soon" EVERY time Colin pray's for Keri's dad.. it goes like this :-) "Please help Keri's dad to know you NOW Jesus". Not just soon but NOW! My sister has been in and out of the hospital more in the last 2 years than everyone else I know combined! We have been praying for her lately and Colin's prayer today went like this... (I just love a child's perspective on things :-) "Jesus please help Auntie Joey to have fun in the hospital". He doesn't pray that she will heal soon anymore, he prays that she will have fun :-) I know there were more cute things my kids have done and said just in the last few days but these are the only ones that come to mind right now so I had to get them down before I forgot them too :-) Oh, just remembered the best one :-) we were driving home from the library today and all the kiddo's were quiet when all of a sudden Colin asks me "can God go for a walk?" I answered of course God can do anything. He asks "but how does He go for a walk you need legs to walk and God is a spirit?" Okay he got me on that one :-) I answered "that's a good question that we'll have to ask daddy". I know I've said this over and over but it just never ceases to amaze me at how smart my kids are! I seriously might want to rethink this homeschooling thing, they have me beat already it seems :-)

Comments

Popular Posts