School Work
This morning Colin asked for a sheet of lined paper that we have for his schooling (we are doing the Abeka homeschool kindergarten program this year). So I gave him a sheet and asked what are you doing? "I'm going to write all of my ABC's" he said. A bit later he comes up to me and shows me his work.... not only has he written out all of his capital letters perfectly, but also his numbers from 1-10. All without me asking or anything. Then a bit later I find him sitting at the table with his paper and a calculator..... and on the other side he is writing a bunch of numbers. I asked him what he was doing and he responded.... "working.... I am just writing down the numbers the calculator tells me." He has seen daddy sitting with a calculator and writing numbers before so that to him is "work" :-) It was really sweet to this mommy heart to see him want to be like his daddy! After all of that hard work (he sat at the table working on this for an hour!) I didn't have the heart to tell him, even though he wanted to (he LOVES "schoolwork")... that he had to sit down again and "do his lessons" so I let his work he had already accomplished be his schoolwork for the day. He worked hard, I guess you could say I'm a relaxed homeschooler for now :-) Keeping that LOVE to want to learn and do all of these "schooling" things just seems so much more important to me right now than "getting it all done" according to the books.


Comments
Post a Comment