Randomness As Of Late...

We have a mandatory quiet time for a few hours in our house each day. Each person/child goes to a room by themselves where they can do as they please as long as they are quiet.
Colin's favorite activity by far is the K'nex (followed closely by lego's and lincoln logs... do you see a building trend here :-)
Anyway... one day when I went to tell him quiet time was over this is what I found! He was building a rocket and it was quite a bit taller than him even! It's not quite complete here... I never did get a picture of the complete rocket with it's pointy nose.
Random picture here... this is what I saw out of my dining room window one windy day over at the school next to us...... this is a kite!!!!! I thought it was halarious... especially when Alexander kept saying look at "his" legs when referring to this kite :-)
We were at Costco awhile ago and Colin asked if we could get some nuts for a snack... for some reason I let him choose the peanuts with the shell on... not quite sure what I was thinking.. talk about messy :-) but it sure does keep them busy for awhile! :-)

With the weather giving us a few days of almost warm weather... well at least warm enough to go out with coats and be in the sun and feel okay :-) I took Harrison out to play with the older kids. This was his first experience with sand and he loved it... he did so well too! Well... at least until something upset him and he decided to throw a temper tantrum and threw himself down in the sand face first and received a nice big mouthful of sand... the good news is he hasn't done it again :-) Sometimes you just gotta learn the hard way I guess :-)
Miss Emma has really been changing over the last few months... she is trying to be more independent as well as more of a little helper to me. She has really been into putting her own outfits together... here she is playing the little model :-) In her first sunglasses and rubber boots.
Speaking of independence... the boys have always been great helpers to her and here Alexander was ready to help her with her boots and her of course giving the typical 2 yr old answer NO - I want to do it myself! (can you tell she did her own hair too :-)
We have been enjoying a few days here and there where it almost feels warm (okay it depends on who you talk to... warm to Nathan almost warm to me :-) The kids have been loving the swings again.

Comments

Popular Posts