Chivalry Is Still Alive...

Today something happened that made me SO proud of my boys and a friend of theirs in particular.

We had the pleasure of spending this morning with our friends Katie, Eli and Lyla!  It is always such fun to get to hang out with them!  The boys busy playing like they are police and arresting one boy or another :-) The girls attempting to have a tea party and the boys joining in :-)  And Harrison the Hurricane in the midst of all this so I'll let you imagine how things went :-)

We were having so much fun we didn't want the fun to end so since it was Eli's birthday we took them to McDonald's for lunch.  Of course more fun was had... but....
While the little ones were playing in the play area Emma was hit on her back and she came down crying a bit and a little upset and her sweet big brother Colin brought her to me.  She brushed it off and went back to playing.  Not five minutes later I hear her crying again but this time it was more of a real cry. 
This time not only Colin brought her to me but also Alexander and her friend Eli.  As I'm trying to console Emma the boys are telling me that another boy was up there and hit her in the back on purpose!  I try to downplay it not wanting to make more of a big deal out of it than it really was.  But he boys insisted that this boy hit Emma and then said "ha-ha" like it was intentional.  I told the boys "It's ok... let me take care of Emma."
They disappeared.... and as Emma calmed down and was still sitting on my lap all of a sudden Colin, Alexander and Eli appear again... only this time they have another little boy with them that didn't look too happy about being there... and they were telling him to tell Emma sorry.
I was dumbfounded.
This little boy surrounded by our boys apologized and Emma said she forgave him and they all wandered out to play.
I still cannot believe the big boys came to her defense like that though and brought the other little boy to their little sister and friend to have him apologize!
To top it all off.... later in the day Colin randomly comes up to me and says... "Mom... that little boy that hurt Emma was a christian."
"Really?" I asked "How do you know?"
He said..."I went up to him later and asked him did he know Jesus died for our sins... and the boy said yes... so he was a christian."

It brings tears to my eyes that Emma's big brothers and friend would do such a thing for her.

So... all you bullies out there... you may just want to find some other girls to pick on because I don't think you'll be getting away with it with Colin, Alexander and Eli around... Emma and Lyla are WELL protected!

Chivalry is still alive!

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for having us! We had such a fun time. How awesome that Colin was evangelizing to his "enemy." What a testimony to his faith and love.
    Eli was so excited to tell his dad that we got to celebrate with Colin and Alexander and hasn't stopped playing with the super fun legos:) Thank you for making his day special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing!!! It makes me wish our girls had tough big brothers to take care of them, too! Well, I guess they'll have to rely on their good buds, Colin, Alexander, and Eli, right?! :o)SOOO thankful that there are such nice young men in their life! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie... thank YOU for letting us spend part of Eli's birthday day with him!!! We had so much fun! Me included... thank you for always being the supportive, encouraging friend you always are to me!
    Jen... I have NO DOUBT Eli, Colin and Alexander would come to the rescue of any one of your girls without hesitation!!! Your sweet girls are definitely surrounded by MANY nice young men in their lives!!! (I know I'm going to miss a few so please no one be offended!!!) They have Victor, Kedrick, Eli, Luke, Adrian, Elliot, Stellan, Isaac, Loren, Colin, and Alexander just to name a few.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a story filled with one amazing moment after another. Bless your boys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts