Breakfast Cookie Recipe

My altered version of a breakfast cookie recipe I came across :-)

Cream Together:

1 C Butter
1 1/2 C Peanut Butter (We use Kirkland's Organic Creamy)
1 C Honey
1/2 - 3/4 C Organic Evaporated Cane Juice (Sugar) (depending on how much dried friut I use I use more or less sugar)

Then add...

4 Eggs
2 T Vanilla
3/4 C Milk
1 3/4 C Whole Wheat Flour (you could use all whole wheat it is just really dense then :-)
1 3/4 C Unbleached Flour
2  tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Sea Salt
4 C Oats

(Then add the following you can add whatever you like.... this is a general idea of what we add)

1 C Unsweetened Coconut
1/2 C Sunflower Seeds
1/2 C Slivered Almonds
1/2 C Raisins
1/2 C Craisins

These are VERY cakey... so shape them how you want them to look  (I use a 1/4 measuring cup and spoon out about that much and flatten with the bottom of the measuring cup) and bake at 350 for about 13-14 minutes.

Comments

  1. Is it possible you KNEW I've been scanning the internet for breakfast cookie recipes!?! You posted just in time for my Race For The Cure Pre-race party! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon...these will forever be a sentimental recipe for me...as you graced our breakfast table with these when Reese was born! You were an ABSOLUTE lifesaver!!! So good! So nutritious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts