Zucchini :-)
It's the time of year for idea's to use up all the extra zucchini!
Of course the favorite in our house is zucchini bread or muffins!
We use zucchini in our omelette's, pasta salad, grilled with oil and salt and pepper.
But... I came across an idea online and I'm sorry I can't remember where I saw it and I can't find it again to reference it but I'm just giving the idea not copying a recipe so I hope it's ok......
Anyway... our latest favorite is.....
Get your vegetable peeler, peel your zucchini... THE WHOLE THING... the WHOLE zucchini so it's all in strips, not just the skin of the zucchini but the whole thing.
Then place the strips in a microwave safe dish or a steamer.
For microwave, place a small amount of water in the dish and microwave for just a few minutes. Then toss them around and microwave for a few more minutes. For the amount we use I microwave for 3 min. toss and then 3 more min. and it's perfectly tender without being mushy.
For steamer... watch it and toss it every now and again until tender, not mushy.
Then you can use the zucchini in place of spaghetti noodles and cover with spaghetti sauce :-)
It's great! And healthy! And a way to use up some more of the abundance of zucchini a lot of people seem to have this time of year!
Enjoy!
Of course the favorite in our house is zucchini bread or muffins!
We use zucchini in our omelette's, pasta salad, grilled with oil and salt and pepper.
But... I came across an idea online and I'm sorry I can't remember where I saw it and I can't find it again to reference it but I'm just giving the idea not copying a recipe so I hope it's ok......
Anyway... our latest favorite is.....
Get your vegetable peeler, peel your zucchini... THE WHOLE THING... the WHOLE zucchini so it's all in strips, not just the skin of the zucchini but the whole thing.
Then place the strips in a microwave safe dish or a steamer.
For microwave, place a small amount of water in the dish and microwave for just a few minutes. Then toss them around and microwave for a few more minutes. For the amount we use I microwave for 3 min. toss and then 3 more min. and it's perfectly tender without being mushy.
For steamer... watch it and toss it every now and again until tender, not mushy.
Then you can use the zucchini in place of spaghetti noodles and cover with spaghetti sauce :-)
It's great! And healthy! And a way to use up some more of the abundance of zucchini a lot of people seem to have this time of year!
Enjoy!


Comments
Post a Comment