I've Been In Denial

I've been in denial that my nephew Matt is gone.
I'm starting to have to face reality.
He really is gone.
 
He came and spent 3 1/2 yrs with us. 3 1/2 challenging, trying, growing, WONDERFUL years!!!
He has become an amazing and wonderful young man.
There is too much to tell, but in my own humble opinion he has overcome amazing obstacles in his life and has turned his heart to the Lord #1.
And has and is listening to the Lord in moving forward with his life and continuing to grow.
He was the first Mathis (my maiden name) male in our family to EVER get a college degree!
He has joined the Oregon Army National Guard.
And moved on out of our little nest :-)
Here are a few pictures of our last few days with him.
Some pictures of him in his uniform that he kindly let me take for him.
His graduation and commissioning ceremony.
I was blessed to get to be honored by placing a bar on his shoulder at his commissioning ceremony along with his mom and my mom his grandmother.
 
BSU Graduation December 2012
 Matt's commissioning/swearing in ceremony.
 Myself, Matts mom and my mom decorating him up.
 Matt giving his very sweet and kind speach.
 Putting his feet up enjoying his graduation present from his brother after all the hub-bub.
 He did it!!!
Fun pictures of Matt in his uniform at the Boise Train Depot.





 And I have to stick this one in here :-) I love what you can do with a computer these days!!!
We call this one Fat Matt! :-)
 
We miss you Matt!!!
I can't imagine what it will be like in a short 8 1/2 years when its time for Colin to move forward with college or whatever the Lord leads him to.

Comments

  1. This post made me tear up!!! You and Nathan had a hand in this man growing up and moving on! A little glimpse of what is in store for us! By the way, Sharon....the pics of Matt were AMAZING!!!!!! You really captured the patriotism, and I love how you edited them! What an honor that you got to place a bar. So neat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts