Praising the Lord

God is good.
My last surgery went fantastically.
We meet with the surgeon tomorrow for a follow up but I’m expecting to hear all is well.
Thank you for all of the prayers. I am incredibly grateful. šŸ’•
The down time with physical limitations through all of this has been the best blessing.
One of the hardest things I’ve ever gone through, learning to be humble and accept help. Help from those around me the Lord has blessed my life with.šŸ’—
But the absolute best blessing and with the time to spend with the Lord it has been the sweetest.
Have you ever doubt if you were following the leading of the Holy Spirit? I have.
Thankfully one of the many blessings of this challenging last year has been to slowdown and spend more time with the Lord. 
I’m still weak in memorization when it comes to my Bible but spending time with the Lord has definitely grown my relationship with Him.
I feel I’m a weird mix of a Mary and a Martha woman. I definitely like to get my to do list done and stay on top of things “be in charge.” 
I also can have seasons I could care less about my to do list and thirst for the Lord and His peace.
In church this morning our pastor was talking about faith. Our faith with and without actions/works.
James 2:14-26
This last year has blessed me with time to think and time to live out as best I can the faith I say I have. 
When I’ve been blessed with a lot of little ones close together or face health challenges or financial challenges or whatever it might be it’s easy to get wrapped up in the distractions of this world.
It’s then that it’s time to re-evaluate. It’s time to pray and ask the Lord for guidance and confirmation on what He wants my priorities to be.
He has blessed me with peace about having my husband and children and home be the priority at this season for me.
Faith that my time and work invested in them are what the Lord is asking right now.
There were seasons of more time outside of my home and I’m sure that season will come again as my family grows up.
Thank you Lord for the contentment in knowing the sleepless nights, the sick kids for weeks on end with a large family, the character training (over and over and over again šŸ˜‰), the homeschooling, laundry, wiping backsides šŸ˜‰, helping children to see God and His goodness and help them to learn to grow closer to Him each day are the “work” He has for me right now.
What does He have for you? More time at home? Volunteering in a Sunday School room at your church? Taking meals to those who need help? 
I encourage you to slow down and take the time to spend with the Lord and see where He leads.
Faith by itself is dead.
Faith through grace does save but it also is constantly changing with each season of life with the leading of the Holy Spirit as to what “work” the Lord is calling us to is.
There are so many good deeds around me needing to be done there are an incredible amount of needs constantly pressing in with this fallen world but, day by day, moment by moment I am learning to trust the Holy Spirits leading.

Praising the Lord!

Comments

Popular Posts