LAST....VERY LAST Herceptin Treatment is today

One year ago today I received my first chemo treatment.

Today I receive the last of my year of Herceptin infusions. I started with a "chemo cocktail," 4 different drugs (that lasted from October 2017  through February 2018). One of those drugs from my cocktail the Herceptin, I have continued receiving every 3 weeks for this whole last year. Today is my VERY LAST one though!

God is SO good! He walked me and my family through a season of uncertainty. Thankfully the Lord has provide methods/treatments to remove the cancer from my body and blessed me with amazing doctors the whole way through. He also poured love on us through our family and friends that came along side us in prayer, prayer and more prayer. As well as those who made the sacrifice of time with their own families and schedules to help our family through the chemo, surgery and radiation stages of this process.

I did my best to keep a journal of the MANY ways the Lord blessed us through this journey as I know my fried brain would forget and I never want to forget!  I'm sure there are things I either didn't know about or forgot to write down too but you would be amazed if you saw the list. I am brought to tears every time I read through it.

We are thankful to be closing the door on this season very soon. There are still reminders, physical struggles to work through and to continue healing from. Physical reminders to me of what my body has been through but also SO very much to be incredibly thankful for!!!!

Thank you for the many prayers and walking along side of us throughout this last year.

These pictures show the nervous smile of my first treatment to the expression at the last of aren't we done yet? ;-)

Comments

Popular Posts