Our Five Year Old Daddy

Today we were driving home from another prenatal appt. that went much better than the last I took them to :-) But on the way home Colin was chatting away to me (pretty normal :-) the only new thing is one of his topics. Getting older as he is he's getting more observant about things and has become aware of some children we sponsor in India. He also is understanding the concept of how some children are adopted. Well.... Colin has decided when he grows up he wants to be the daddy to some of the boys in India. I told him he has to be married to be a daddy so they will have a mommy too. He decided he wanted to marry Emma as his first response :-) I told him I'm glad he loves Emma but he can't marry his sister. Just a friend. So he chose a sweet little girl friend of his to be his wife :-) He originally mentioned this a few weeks ago. Today he brought it up again and I told him he'll have to wait a long time and be grown up like mommy and daddy before he can be a daddy. He thought for a moment and told me "Well..... yeah, I'll wait until I grow up... like next week" :-) Oh my does he have a thing or two to learn about the concept of time :-) Especially with the fact that the boys he wants to be a daddy to in India are already older than him and that they too will grow up as he does and won't need a daddy anymore to take care of them after he (and they) are grown up :-) So sweet though!

Comments

Popular Posts