Week 2 of "Vacation"
I forgot to include on our first week the wonderful dinner we had with one of Nathan's sisters and her family. Rose and Rhett had invite Damien & Kristin and dad and mom to dinner and heard we were going to be around as well so they invite us to come over to dinner with them too. It was nice for the little ones to get to spend some time with their cousins. And to be spoiled and served an amazing dinner :-) The children spent some time playing in the splash pool and checking out all of Carter and Addy's toys :-) Thank you Rhett & Rose!!!!!
Our second week started off with us at Nathan's parents house, known to the kids as Papa and Nana. We spent a few days just hanging around the house and visiting and playing with Auntie Heather too. Also 'dechunking' the truck it seriously needed it :-) We vaccumed it out and even went as far as washing all of the carseats. After what felt like living out of the truck for a week it was in bad shape :-) So the day to let the kids run and play outside and let me clean up a bit and run a few loads of laundry was a great day!
Papa and Nana's house has a big wrap around wooded porch that the kids love to get to play with sidewalk chalk on. They had fun dictating to Auntie Heather and getting messy :-) At one point I came out and this is what was written...
Colin AKA the biggest brother
Alexander AKA the big brother
Emma AKA the sister
Harrison AKA baby
I really like how both of the older boys want to be classified as "big brother" :-)
We spent a few days up north in Longview, Washington visiting with a friend of mine that I have known since High School. Her husband was gone on a trip for a few days so it was just us mom's and eight little ones between the two of our families :-) It was SO much fun and such a blessing!
It has been such a blessing getting to "grow up" along with Ericka over the years. I feel I have done more growing up in the years I've known Ericka than all of the years prior to knowing her. She has remained my friend through it all. Which is saying A LOT! I am very underserving of her friendship. She has helped me to grow to be the wife, mother and person I am today. The Lord is her life and it has been and her life is such a good testimony of what having the Lord number one in your life truely is. I know she would say she has done just as much growing as I have over the years, and through it all she has shared with me and encouraged me by her example and words. Ericka I love you dear friend!
Our children got to help each other with chores and playing with fun dress up clothes as well as the many musical instruments they have (Ericka is MUCH braver than I :-) they have a couple of guitars, a piano and a drum set :-)
They also have a bunny, a turtle, a bird, and two dogs :-) My kids were in HEAVEN!!!!!!!! Ericka's children were so sweet and patient with mine... they shared all of their toys... helped my kids learn how to treat animals and even taught mine how to collect the eggs :-)
Kaleb, Ericka's 2nd child was especially sweet with Harrison. That boy is going to make one good daddy someday! I'm going to include a couple of pictures and a short video of him when he at different times heard Harrison starting to fuss so he went to entertain Harrison all on his own :-)
Thank you Kaleb! And Noah, Sarah, and Hannah! My kids miss you all terribly!
I could go on and on about this part of our "vacation" it was such a fun time for us and we felt so loved and blessed. Thank you Scarbroughs!!!!!!!!
We head back down south to Papa and Nana and Auntie Heather. While visiting with them they took us to the air museum in McMinnville, if you're ever in the area and you are slightly interested in airplanes... even if you're not it is worth it :-) And on top of the museum of flight and the museum of space they have an awesome playground :-) with play equipment shaped like a helicopter and a space shuttle :-) The kids had so much fun. And they really do cater to children of ALL ages :-) We've been many times and I'm sure will go many more :-)


Oh, Sharon...thank you! I treasure your friendship so very much and it was a DELIGHT to have you guys here. My house felt VERY, VERY empty after you left and my children are still talking about you guys! It has been so very wonderful to 'grow up together', you are right! To see God's faithfulness, to watch Him stretch us and refine us (and oh, how I'm glad He's not done yet:) ), to get to walk the path of marriage and motherhood together...what a blessing it has been! I CANNOT WAIT to come see you guys. I miss your sweet children a ton and you even more!
ReplyDeleteThat video of Kaleb and Harrison is just too cute! I agree, that boy is going to be one good daddy!
Love you, dear friend!