Week 3 of "Vacation"

This first picture has nothing to do with our "vacation" other than it was taken while we were on "vacation". Harrison had just discovered playing with his toes and I thought he was so cute with all of his chunkiness as he played with his toes :-)

After starting the week off with Papa and Nana and concluding our 2nd week of "vacation" with them we head back up north again but to Seattle this time for week 3!

Before I go on though.... thank you SO much Papa and Nana for letting us come and go and come and go and spend so much time with you and invading your home so many times over the weeks we were out that direction. We LOVE you!!!!!!!!!

I have been to Seattle many, many times... but would you believe I have NEVER driven up there :-) This was my first time driving up there and the Lord was so good to me :-) I was in the middle of 5:00 rush hour traffic but it went SO well :-) And my boys even learned about watching for exit signs :-) to help me out :-)

We were able to spend some time with another of Nathan's brothers Stephen and his wife Pasha. We spent our first night at their home in New Castle - and they have such an amazing location! Across the street there is an awesome park! Our first night there we arrived as Stephen got home from work but a bit before Pasha got off so Stephen took us over to the park to play for a bit. The next day Pasha had a day off so we hung out with her and spent some time exploring the area a bit more (found out there is some great shopping only 5 minutes away.... I ended up having to shop for Harrison... I left all but 2 of his outfits back in Oregon somehow... this mommy brain really is going to get me in trouble one of these days). We spent most of the day at Lake Washington just letting the kids play, it was perfect! Then back to their place to be spoiled with a fun evening of entertainment and a yummy steak and potato dinner :-)
Below is Auntie Pasha and Harrison at the lake and a few pictures of the kids playing.
Thank you Stephen & Pasha!!!!! We felt so spoiled :-)
Below is some after dinner fun with strong Uncle Stephen :-)

Our next stop was with Nathan's sister April and her family... who happen to live only about 15 minutes from Stephen & Pasha. Our first day with them was spent just visiting and playing and taking a walk... they also live in an amazing area called Cougar Mtn. and just down the road from their house are some amazing trails to go hiking or running on... you feel like you're out in the middle of no where it's amazing!
The best part of the trip was at this point... Nathan finally was able to hook up with us! April was so sweet to watch all of the kids for me so I could go pick Nathan up at the airport myself :-)
We were able to go out for a quick dinner and some drinks before heading back to the Macdonald's home. As I stood there waiting for my sweet man to appear I had butterflies in my tummy! It was so thrilling to get to see my husband again! The kids were so excited to get to see daddy again too.... it was so sweet... Emma did not let go of him for at least an hour :-)

The next day we were fortunate enough to celebrate Jack's 10th birthday with him!!!!! Steve & April taught me how to really celebrate my children's birthday :-) April has this great stand that holds tons of pictures and she put out pictures from over the years of who ever's birthday it is. Jack had some really good ones :-) The birthday child also gets to wake up with their bedroom floor COVERED with balloons and candy :-)

Jack got to take some of his buddy's to the family fun center and we got to tag along :-) thanks Jack! It was our kids first time to a place like that.... I think they loved it!
Above is Jack taking on his buddy in the go karts :-)

This was Emma's first time on an amusement park type ride... she wasn't too amused ;-)

For dinner the birthday child gets to have whatever they like. Jack asked for Cesaer Salad and Popcorn :-) and for a birthday cake... he wanted no cake :-) he asked for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough with no chocolate chips :-) To make it a little more palletable for the rest of us April also served some yummy chicken, bread and ice cream for dessert ;-) It was great!
The TOTALLY COOL birthday boy Jack!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack blowing out the candles on his "cookie dough" :-)

The Macdonald home is another that I end up feeling that I'm being so spoiled! Their children are so sweet with ours and such great cousins and examples. They are so sweet to take the time to play with our kids even though ours are so much younger. Thank you so much Connor, Mariesa, and Jack.... I love you all!
Here is Alexander riding one of Jack's birthday presents his long board the "safe" way the morning after the party :-)
The next day we head back down south... with daddy this time though :-) back to Papa and Nana's once again to get ready for Nathan's brother Daniel's college graduation at OSU. Congrat's Dan!!!!!!!!!

Nathan went with his parents to the graduation while I waited until the graduation party to hook up with them all :-) Pasha's parents live pretty close to OSU and they were so sweet as to open their home for all of us for a graduation party for Daniel. Thank you! It was so much fun to get to have at least a bit of time to spend with Daniel and Rachel... we are so excited to see where the Lord leads you!
The kids had a GREAT time with Pasha's dad at the party :-) he had all sorts of fun gadgets and toys the boys got to play with fire balls that sparked when you bang them together and this air machine... as well as help crank the hand crank ice cream machine... (there is nothing like home made ice cream)!!!!!!
Then it all came to an end and we had to say good bye once again until next time and head back to our own home :-) Such an adventure! Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

  1. Boy, I'd say you DID have an adventure! How fun, Sharon!!! I'm so glad you got to come down and spend some time with your family (and ME!!!). Hug your little ones for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such fun family! It makes me wish I were a part of it! :o) I have many fun memories out on Lake Washington. Brian and I also got to spend a day out there with relatives the day before we got married. So, it was fun to read about your time there. I also think it's sooo very sweet that you got butterflies waiting for Nathan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts