Mr. Colin Cooney the 6 Year Old

I'm a little (okay a month) late on posting about Colin's
birthday :-) oops.

Colin is growing up so fast! I can say I see glimpses of a young man in him already. Part of me is so excited in that and the other part of me just can't believe it.
He has an incredible amount of patience.
I see thoughtfulness and consideration for others growing in him each day.
He is such a blessing as a son and big brother.
*************

His birthday I thought was going to be a walk in the park. Colin was able to celebrate his cousin's birthday a few months back and he pretty much wanted a birthday just like cousin Jack's :-)

See... he's growing up - he already is trying to be like the other kids :-) all I can say is THANK YOU Jack for being such a good example of someone he wants to be like :-) !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay.... I can handle a birthday like Jack's... he wanted to wake up to balloons and candy all over his bedroom floor.

Check.

He asked to get to go out to breakfast with just him and daddy. Daddy was more than happy to take Colin to the requested restaurant of choice Cracker Barrel.

Check.

He wanted to get to celebrate with some friends and thankfully some of his dearest friends did stop by on his birthday. Thank you dear friends!

Check.

He also asked to get to go to the family fun center to ride the "squirty boats" :-)

Check.

He also wanted to play golf with daddy... thankfully mini golf worked :-).

Check.

He originally asked for chocolate chip cookie dough instead of a cake. I was thinking I was getting off easy! but............ he for some reason then decided he wanted a sandcastle cake.

Hmmmm....... a sandcastle cake????????

Well... it was his day so I did my best.

The best part was Colin said it turned out to be just what he wanted! He was so sweet!

Below are a few pictures from his special day!

Comments

  1. LOVE the cake!!! What a special day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, that cake is so cool. And what a gift of a son you have!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts