What Goes Around Comes Around


I can remember my mom getting on me ALL of the time when I was about 6-7 years old to "put that book down and get to work!"

I would clean my room by shoving everything under the bed quickly so I could sit down and read or just sit down and read and just not clean :-) Or even hide in the closet with a flashlight to read so I wouldn't be found and have to do my chores :-)

I was NOT a good little girl :-)

I now have a little one who has just learned to read recently and is reading all of the time. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

But.... what goes around comes around... I find myself telling my own little one now "Colin, put that book down and do what I asked you too!"

I have to say I LOVE that he is enjoying being able to read now! And it is so hard to be firm with him about putting his book down and doing whatever else it is that needs to be done.

Because number one... I can relate :-) and number two... if he wants to read... I want him to read! As often as he can :-)

Lord, please don't ever let that love of reading ever go away!!!

Comments

  1. Yay! Great job, Colin! It looks like you are reading a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of him reading!
    It is a whole new world for our little ones once they can read. It is like watching flower blossom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. His book selection kind of made me laugh... it was quite challenging for him for where he's at in his reading level but I love that he tries :-)
    He told us tonight that we were pronouncing Tillamook on the side of the ice cream container wrong :-) because the 'oo' should sound like it does in boot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Sharon, how wonderful!!!!! This is one of many things I LOVE about homeschooling. I got to be the one who saw their first smile, heard their first giggle, watched their first steps. I LOVE getting to be the one who listens as they read their first word, first sentence, first book! I'm so happy you are homeschooling! I can tell you are doing just wonderfully and enjoying it, which is of utmost importance. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can soooo relate to this post! I was an avid reader (still am!) and Noelle is turning into one too! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts