August 2010

August started off with Alexander learning how to ride a 2 wheeler!  He has tried and tried for about a year now but just wasn't getting it.  We have some friends that got their little 3 yr old a balance bike and was riding without training wheels within a week I think it was.  So Nathan took the pedals and chain off of Alexander's and had him practice with it as a balance bike... he was riding within a week :-) (thank you Scott & and Keri!)
We were fortunate enough to have a few more days at the waterpark with the McCrory children this month as well!!!!!
There is this great big grassy area next to the waterpark and my local neighborhood babysitters were babysitting a neighbors little guy one day while we were at the waterpark... eventually they all ended up in the grass playing tag together (is it bad that I use babysitters on someone elses dime? :-) just kidding)

One night when it was time to sit down for dinner... Harrison goes straight for daddy's spot and puts his napkin on his lap.... such a big boy he's becoming :-)

With Matt living with us every now and again I can run out during quiet time while all the kids are down and Matt is here... this particular day I reminded Matt that the lawn needed mowing (one of his chores as room and board :-).... when I came home this is what I saw :-)  Are there some Idaho child labor laws I need to remind him of :-)
(yet another little boy that's not so little anymore... he mowed the whole back yard!)

When it comes to our one and only sweet little girl I feel we have been blessed beyond measure in more ways than one.  One of the ways I am so grateful for has been the sweet friends that have either passed down or loaned us clothing for our sweet girl.  On this particular day a friend had brought me a box of fall-ish clothes and I showed them to Emma just before quiet time.  Apparently she had her own dress-up / fashion show before she had fallen asleep... she had some of the clothes on and the rest were all about her room :-)  Looked like she had a grand time before she wore herself out! (I think she likes them :-).

Our first camping trip of the summer was a blast!  But... I have no pictures to show for it :-)
I remembered the camera... I just forgot the memory card... so my own personal paparazzi covered it for me :-) you can view pictures of that trip at either...
just click view this album as a guest.
Or a narrated version of the trip on her blog... http://wieberfam.blogspot.com/2010/08/sage-hen.html
Thank you so much Jen!

Our next camping trip thankfully I remembered the camera... I really didn't take that many pictures though I feel... there was so much more than what these show.. but here it goes :-)
We spent a weekend at Wallowa Lake with Stephen & Pasha and it was SO fun... well adventure filled anyhow :-)


Harrison our "happy camper" :-)

One day we decided to rent a pontoon boat... the BEST kind of boat there is I feel for taking kids out :-)  Harrison LOVED the wind in his face :-) (even though a pontoon boat really doesn't go that fast... something this mama appreciated with 4 little ones on board :-)

Some of the crew soaking up the sun as Uncle Stephen cruised us around the lake.

A sweet picture of two handsome men!

Harrison loves getting to do big boy things... Uncle Stephen giving him a turn at the wheel :-)

And of course there is no better place to be than with Aunt Pasha :-)

Sir Harrison once again :-) He LOVED being out on the water... so much so he decided to just skip taking a nap this day :-)  First time ever for our boy that will still take 2 naps a day most days :-)

Stephen and Pasha unfortunately had to head home Sunday... but before they left they kindly helped us mover our things over to another campsite so we could stay one more night (that's what I get for waiting until the last minute thinking... there's no way someone will choose our particular campsite when there are so many open :-) oops :-) that's okay... the second spot was much better anyhow!
While we were setting everything back up Pasha was kindly keeping the kids busy teaching them how to be tree huggers :-) no, not really... she was having the kids measure how big around each tree was by how many people it took to reach around each one... she is so good with kids (love you Pasha!)

One of the fun things at Wallowa lake is the gondola they have you can ride to the top of one of the mountains on.  You camp at about 4000 ft I think it is and then the gondola takes you up to 8000 ft.  It was hard to remember that is was August when we were up there ;-) we were rained and even snowed on! But we had fun hiking around and keeping moving to keep warm :-)

A family picture a-top of the mountain.

We never did find out what exactly Stephen was proposing seeing as how Pasha already married him ;-)

Alexander proud to be king of the mountain!!!!!

This would be a prime example of why we call Harrison --- Harrison the Hurricane.  There is a mess everywhere he goes... but boy did he have fun!

After we got home from camping I wasn't sure if maybe I didn't bring enough good to feed them all or if they were just so busy while we were camping that they didn't eat enough... but Harrison decided to help himself to some food after we came home :-)
He got out his bowl....
He got out his spoon...
And tried to help himself to a raw potato :-)
And his big brothers thought it was pretty funny so they did too :-)

Another big even this month was Colin turning 7.
I still can't believe it (and in somewhat of a denial that we have a 7 hear old :-)
The day of his birthday Matt's friend Callie came over (when Matt wasn't even here! :-) just to spend time with Colin and wish him a happy birthday.  Colin's grandma gave him a violin... we are planning to have it fixed up and Callie is going to give him lessons how to play it as a fiddle! Colin is so excited ;-)

For Colin's birthday we invited over a few families to celebrate with us and throw Colin his Cowboy Birthday Party.... Here is Cowboy Jeffrey - thank you O'brien family for coming with your cowboy hats and ready to party! :-)

And of course after a rough day on your horse everyone needs some time in the watering hole!

Colin and his seven candles on his birthday strawberry shortcake in a cowboy coffee mug :-)

Above is one of Colin's best friends... Danny.  They have known each other since the day Colin was born!
On this special day Danny (and his mom of course :-) took Colin to his first movie in a movie theatre!  Then out to lunch and then even came back in the evening to celebrate with us some more!
To top it off... Danny was able to spend the night... Colin really got to celebrate from the moment he woke up until the moment he finally fell asleep.

A fun game we had was lasso the horse... Issac had good form... he just lassoed the wrong wild bronco ;-)

Stellan about to pull his pony in!  Look at that form!

My timing for this was a wee bit off... Eli was concentrating SO hard that his little tongue was sticking out... and he lassoed his horse!

Uncle Troy picked out a squirt gun for Colin as a gift... it is his first squirt gun!!! And he LOVES it... can you tell by the expression from the other side of the window :-)

On our last Wednesday morning at Eagle Island before we started school up this is what we ended up with when we arrived.  Yes... that is rain :-) but we weren't about to skip our last day there and so glad we went because it stopped raining and the clouds burnt off and it turned into a perfect day there with practically no one else there :-)  We just spent some time under the covered area as it rained and drew some pictures and collected acorns.. then as it stopped raining moved to the play structure.. then as the sun came out the Wieber girls showed up too and they all moved to the water :-)

Above is Liv floating acorns on a frisbee out to the deep part :-)

I really must not feed this little boy of mine enough :-) he goes for raw potatotes... and here he was inspecting and seemed to be seriously contemplating if he should try some of Reese's avocado and banana mixture :-)
It was a perfect last day at Eagle Island!

And now... onto a season of school :-)

Comments

Popular Posts