Pictures from June 2010

Above is Harrison displaying one of the MANY reasons we needed to have our carpets and couch cleaned :-)
Here is Colin reading to everyone to help keep Harrison happy as we were having the carpets and couch cleaned.  By the way to those of you in our area if you need someone who will do the best job ever I have their name for you!

Above is Matt the morning before I head off to Oregon and he flew off to Kentucky for ROTC training. We can't wait for him to get home again! He's been gone a whole month almost!

Above is a picture of the boys... Colin, Alexander and cousin Kian on the search to collect bugs as all little boys would do when in such a beautiful natural environment as at Papa and Nana's house :-)
At the end of our trip to Oregon Nathan flew out to us (yeah!!!) and we spent  a nice long weekend at Papa and Nana's house.  Above is  Colin helping Nathan replace some old boards on the porch.

And of course no trip to Oregon is complete without a trip out to the beach for lunch at Mo's and some time in the sand!  This time we went to Lincoln City.
The above picture is just one of those that I saw and went aww...... how cute! all of our shoes all lined up :-)

Some nice strangers took a rare family photo of us all!

We were also able to spend some time with two other couples that are from our High School graduating class... the Scarbroughs and the Schweitzers and here are all of our little ones :-) Next time we'll have to remember to take the picuture when we get there and the kids are all fresh rather than at the end on the way out the door when they kids are "we're done already!" :-)  For some reason the three youngest didn't think our idea was a very good one.
We brought our nephew Ethan back with us to spend some time and had a blast!We love you Ethan!



Then as most things in our lives we spontaneously decided one weekend that we would like to have a garden.  Nathan went to the store and brought the wood home and went to work as I called around to find the dirt and compost to fill it with and had it delivered that day :-) Emma as usual, the boys also but especially Emma was daddy's special helper the whole time!

A bit pile of dirt.... what more do children need! :-)
And by the end of the next day... here you have it our raised garden!  It has given us SO many cucumbers and zucchini so far this year... we are just waiting for the tomatoes to turn red and the corn to finish growing!
Just look what my man can do.... from this.....

to this.... in a matter of months :-)
After what seemed to be a busy June we started our regular Wednesday's at Eagle Island State Park... I think that was one of the best decisions we made all summer!

Comments

  1. I didn't know Nathan built you a garden! How cool! I really like your new picture at the top. Your head resting on your hubby's says it all! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful pictures of a terrific month!!!! I LOVE the new header picture of you guys and I agree, that shoe picture is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto, ditto! What a beautiful picture of your family at the top. It really speaks volumes of how devoted you are to each other. It makes me glad that our family's are firends. :o) Btw, your garden is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics and LOVE the garden! That's the kind of garden we would love to have. . . one day. . . maybe when we get one of those too-good-to-pass-up deals on a home in Boise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice garden, bro! I'd one-up ya if I had the space. The crops look spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts