I have been encouraged to journal my journey that the Lord has me on so, here it goes.
We feel as though we have been in a whirlwind over the last few weeks.
This journey with breast cancer started in August when I noticed a lump that seemed to be growing. I called up my ob-gyn as I was due to see her anyhow and got in to see her August 29th and mentioned I felt a lump. She was hopeful and said it's probably nothing but....seeing how I'm over 40 it wouldn't hurt to have my first mammogram. Yippee.
Schedule of events since then are....
September 13th - Mammogram.
September 28th - I was called back for a Diagnostic Mammogram and Ultra Sound.
October 2nd - They did biopsies on the three tumors they found and my lymph nodes.
October 5th - We were called at noon to give us the results that I tested positive for Breast Cancer.
October 11th - Did genetic testing to see if this was genetic and if our children need to be concerned, thankfully that came back negative!
October 12th - We met with my surgeon and went over his suggested course of treatment for me. Which is having a Catheter Port put in to save my veins and to use for my blood draws and chemo, followed by surgery, followed by radiation.
October 14th - MRI of my chest.
October 18th - I had my Port put in on my right side right under the skin and muscle. Immediately following surgery we met with my Oncologist to discuss specific chemo drugs they will be using for me. Immediately followed by an Echo Cardiogram. (LONG DAY).
October 23rd - First chemo "cocktail" treatment.
Less than 3 weeks from diagnoses to getting things moving to get rid of this nasty thing called cancer.
We have been praying for God's clear guidance and plan for how to go about treating this nasty thing. Those that know me know that I will choose natural over pharmaceutical any day. I did quick research about how we could possible address this naturally but neither Nathan or I felt at peace about it. My cancer is FAST growing. I may be reacting out of fear as my dad had a fast growing lung cancer that killed him 6 weeks after discovering it. We are not at peace about giving this any chance to not just die in it's tracks. I have an amazing family I want to be here for. I am thankful the Lord has given folks the wisdom to create these medications that have come so far in even the last few years. I have put more prescription medications in my body in the last week than I have in the previous 15 years! That was before chemo even. We trust God to use this and to protect my body along the way. No matter what - In everything give thanks with a grateful heart. I Thess 5:18
God has been so incredibly good and apparent for me through this. It's been a fast adjustment but God has walked us every step of the way and we KNOW HE WILL all the way through. I will admit I have been nervous and anxious. I love seeing how God is working though. My 2 big days...my Port being put in (my first surgery EVER!) and my first day of chemo were nerve wracking the day before. I have to tell you though God is answering all of your prayers! So, PLEASE keep them coming!!!! Because both times I woke up the morning of each of these things with and amazing peace that could only come from God. It was like night and day. The night was full of fear but His mercies are new every morning (Lamentations 3:22-23).
For those of you that want more of the details they are.......
I have been diagnosed with what is called Stage 3 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma.
I have 3 tumors in my left breast as well and cancerous/enlarged lymph nodes on my left side and in the middle of my chest by my sternum. When they did the MRI is when they found the enlarged lymph nodes as well as some inflammation on the lining of my left lung. Also that the cancer is kind of intertwined in the muscle in my chest. This is why they are doing chemo first to kill it off and shrink it down to hopefully have less surgery after chemo.
I have what's called ER- and PR- cancer (so cancer not affected by Estrogen or Progesterone) as well as Her2+ cancer (Having Her2+ is a good thing when it comes to cancer as they have some kick butt drugs to help when it's positive). These things tell them what chemo treatments I need.
I am being given a chemo "cocktail" of what is called TCHP or (The cycles are comprised of 4 different drugs Docetaxel, Carboplatin, Herceptin, and Perjeta).
I get to have 6 rounds of this "cocktail" every three weeks starting today. On my second drug today and so far so good. The Herceptin drug I will continue to get every 3 weeks for a full year once the cocktail is done.
We are incredibly thankful for the showering of prayer being poured out on us. It has been an incredible blessing, we have been in shock and awe of God’s goodness in the help being poured out on us by family and friends. You all are so precious to us!!! The family of God is an incredibly amazing blessing to be a part of. If you are not a part of HIS family….come chat with me! I would LOVE to get to share with you. Jesus saves. Even if someday he decides to not save me from this cancer….though we have every confidence He will!!! He still saved me. I could never ask for more.


Comments
Post a Comment