Tuesday was a hard day....

A good day but a hard day.
Thankfully chemo side effects are still quite manageable.  A different part of this journey other than immediate chemo effects are what has been hard.
I have blessed by being offered to have a wig made out of my own hair. This is incredible!!! I am taking these sweet gals up on their offer.
But, being proactive in cutting my hair off before it falls out due to chemo so they can still use it was A LOT harder than I thought it would be.
I have NEVER, EVER had short hair....well...except for when I was born ;-)
The reality of having my hair cut has been hard for me.
I Corinthians 11:15 says..."But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given her for a covering."
Not having my "covering" looks so different, feels so different. A part of who I am is missing.
I am doing my best to stay focused on the blessing this is of these sweet women doing this for me.
I can't wait to have hair to put back on my head.
The Lord has been using others pouring His word into me and filling me and helping me to keep my eyes where they need to be, on Jesus. Not on these circumstances.
Psalm 34:1-3
I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make its boast in the LORD; The humble shall hear of it and be glad. Oh, magnify the LORD with me, And let us exalt His name together.
It is still hard though.

Comments

  1. Sharon, that is amazing! Hard, like you said, but such a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ❤️❤️❤️ Hang in there, friend. I can only imagine how hard it was to make the cut. You are beautiful! I love it that you will have your own hair back! That is so very wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been able to give you a hug since Tuesday so seeing your picture put a lump in my throat. 5 days down! ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your wig! I can imagine the pain in cutting off your gorgeous hair. . . God is good in spite of the hard days. Love to you. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for writing your story, we are all so blessed to share it with you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts