My Brain...or lack thereof...

Any of you old enough to remember the saying....

This is your brain.....
This is your brain on drugs......



Then there was a picture of a fried egg?

I can say with complete certainty that it is true.

Chemo is a drug.....I am technically "on drugs" ;-)

The more I try to do, the more I seem to mess up these days. I can't seem to think straight. It's really frustrating.

Chemo brain is a REAL THING!!! SERIOUSLY!!! It's downright scary. Ask any of my family members.

If you know of anyone going through chemo.....give them grace, give them LOTS AND LOTS of grace.
Me too please.

I'm learning the longer I go through this how little I am in control. Thankfully, I believe in an amazing heavenly father that loves me and that I can trust with everything. Because currently, I can't be trust with anything.  There is new meaning in my life to the verses......

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 16:3 "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and He will establish your plans."

My current favorite as I feel I can't think past right now, today.
Psalm 143:8 "Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in You. Show me the way I should go, for to You I entrust my life."

I've been through the season of life where I've been working to exhaustion as well as pregnancy brain.  I've been through new mom brain.  I've been through sleep deprivation from night after night of sick children. This "chemo-brain"  is a whole new level of brain malfunction.

Even on days where physically I'm feeling like I can do more....by brain hinders the progress.

From simple things like standing in the kitchen doing something and needing a spoon to turning around to get a spoon and completely forgetting what I was doing.
To trying to coordinate some birthday fun for our birthday boy and messing up the dinner that was being brought for us as I had forgot a dinner was being brought (thankfully God allowed me to do this mess up on a night a friend I know and love and loves me was bringing us dinner).
To trying to listen to the same music I'd listened to for the last 2 months while getting ready for the day and not being able to remember the name of the band or even the name of a single song to look it up. 
The best (NOT) has been when I think I've told my dear husband something but......I didn't. Or when he tries to tell me something and I'm just not comprehending.... It is SO frustrating for me (and him too). And these are just a few of the things I can even remember...:-)

I am very thankful the Lord has coordinate life and is in charge of everything. He has worked it out where my mom can be here in our home to help me. I would fear for my children without her here....(I'm kind of joking). My mom has been a blessing beyond measure.  Especially as she is a doer and with my malfunctioning brain I don't have to ask her to do anything, she just does it and knows.
Along with the help we've received with homeschooling our children, so I don't have to worry about something being forgotten.
Also the food being brought.....even on nights where I "could" make dinner. I could use the energy I have on that but friends still provide dinner and allow me to use my energy in ways to bless my family. Thank you!
God is so good!!!

I've said this before too........ this man who loves me is a saint! The things he has to put up with and does and with grace is amazing. I love him so much!

1 Thessalonians 5:18  In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Comments

Popular Posts