Today was suppose to be chemo #3 but...

The last 3 weeks have been challenging.
I have really struggled with my attitude.
I have been getting frustrated with feeling like all we have had in our home since day one of chemo is illness (pink eye, flu, sinus infection, fevers, whooping cough, etc.) Whether it be me or my family and all of us feeling awful all of the time. This has really been a year for the record books for us when it comes to illness. I am weak and mess up and fail.
Thankfully the Lord has blessed me with friends that comfort me when I'm struggling but at the same time help pull me back up and keep my eyes on the Lord and all of His goodness even in the midst of frustration and struggles. They remind me of God's word and how He asks us to give thanks in everything. Even in the hard time....it may not be thankfulness for the hard situation but there is always something to give thanks for. God is good.
Thankfully I have friends that share their struggles with me too so I can go the Lord and pray for them and get my eyes off of myself and back on the Lord and those I love right where my focus needs to be.
Isaiah 41:13 For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, Saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.'
I am very thankful to be surrounded by the sweet family and friends the Lord has put into our lives.
My oncologist has decided to delay my chemo treatment until next Monday due to our household now having whooping cough (yes, I'm one of those moms that started questioning vaccinations) and me having had a sinus infection last week to make sure I'm completely healthy before crashing my body again.
Thankfully Eleanor and Ellis are starting to feel a bit better and starting to sleep at night with coughs they can manage on their own now after weeks and weeks of sleepless nights. Tobias is in the thick of it now and keeps my mom up almost all night every night. She won't let me help. The older 3 have what seems like bad colds (they are the only 3 that were vaccinated for it, but they still ended up with horrible coughs). Harrison is the only one who hasn't gotten a thing. I had suspected him of having whooping cough a few years back but wasn't sure as no one else seemed to catch it like him back then. Now we know....he already had it so we have one healthy child. ;-)
Thankfully I'm feeling better too which means I hopefully get a whole week of feeling good and the blessing of getting to help my family decorate the house for Christmas, pick out a Christmas tree and even make Christmas cookies. I'm soaking this week up while I can. So thankful!


1 Thessalonians 5:18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Comments

Popular Posts