Chemo #4

Thankfully chemo #4 has so far been uneventful. Nathan took me in on Tuesday, January 2nd and I've been fortunate enough to not have had any adverse reactions while receiving my chemo treatments. The side effects after are setting in today which is pretty typical. So far the nausea has been mild and just dealing with extreme fatigue. I've been making sure to push my fluid intake to flush my system as they say to.
I just discovered....what can I say I'm not very detail oriented....that my fingernails are tracking my chemo treatments for me. I have a thin white line on my fingernail for each treatment I've received, there are currently 3 and as my nail grows I'm sure I'll see the 4th treatment as it comes out of my nailbed. Just an interesting discovery.


We are still being blessed with help with homeschooling which I am incredibly grateful for as my brain function still is causing me trouble. I can't think of the words I'm trying to say or comprehend what others are always saying and feel goofy asking them to repeat themselves but I'm trying to not just hide in a hole for the next few months until I'm past all of this.

The other huge blessing has been all of the thoughtful and delicious meals being provided. We have plenty of freezer meals given to us as well and it has all been such and incredible help. The days I have energy to do things like run errands to buy clothing for our children or get eyeglasses adjusted or do some of their schoolwork with them myself and then run out of energy I don't have to worry about dinner. It's HUGE! Thank you so much to all of you that have brought us meals and the freezer meals.

Another huge blessing is our home has been healthy! We haven't been healthy, there's been someone sick with something since I came home from chemo on day 1!!! The 2 littlest are still dealing with their pertussis cough at night but are doing SO much better. We are so thankful for all of your prayers, I know they are what helped carry them through this and that it didn't turn to pneumonia for any of them. Thank you! Please keep them coming we still have a long road ahead of us as I get through this treatment followed by my last 2. Then comes the surgery and radiation.

This morning a dear friend sent me this and it was just what I needed. For me I find myself easily just shutting down and losing hope that I can't do anything helpful or right anymore. This really spoke to me.



No matter where you are or what you're going through lets help each other to commit this verse to memory and not lose hope!

Comments

  1. Continued prayers for the blessing in the trials sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts