Chemo #5 Day
Today is the day the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it Psalm 118:24. π
Today is the day I receive the 5th of 6 chemo treatments in my cancer treatment plan.
The Lord has been so gracious and has heard the prayers of my prayer warrior friends and family.
The way they originally explained my chemo journey was that we start at our starting point for me I’m going to say I started at 100%.
It was a rough start until they added a shot to force my immune system to create nuetrophils the blood cells that fight illness and infection as chemo kills those off.
They said I would never return to 100% as each treatment would tear my body down so I would slowly, slightly decline with each treatment.
I have to say that has not been the case for me miraculously. This last round was actually THE BEST round I’ve had physically overall. I’ve been wracking my brain trying to figure out why.
It has to be an answer to prayer from you all. Please continue to pray and that it repeats this round and the next as well.π
I've tried a few new things on my end the Lord has led me to that may have helped as well but we’ll never know for sure.
I do know for sure prayer works! I know the Lord doesn’t always answer prayer how I see things and want but, I’ve seen His hand and blessing so apparent in the last few months I know it’s Him. π
The things that were different from my end were that I’ve been much more faithful about consistently using an infrared dry sauna. Also a sweet friend offered to give me a massage with essential oils on my worst chemo day this last round. The other thing was the nurse who gives me my infusions is always different each time. The gal this last time gave me the medications that don’t typically cause nausea right away first, followed by my anti-nausea meds then the harsher chemo meds. I’m really curious if changing up the order did something. I requested to have the meds given to me in that order again to see if it makes a difference and helps.
I've been through seasons and experiences where I felt the Lord was far away (it wasn't Him that was far away though ;-). Through this caner experience it's given me a perspective on my previous experiences that I didn't see before. The challenges before I realize now that I kept to myself (cancer isn't something I can keep to myself as it disrupts our life so much) and tried to carry the load before by myself. I felt I was reaching out to the Lord thankfully. He carried me through, He is forever faithful. I now see though that the Lord has blessed me with an amazing husband who can carry more on his shoulders and is full of love and WANTS to help me even though it adds to his load. He has taken me to and stayed with me for every chemo treatment. Love this man so much!
Along with an absolutely amazing community the Lord has blessed us with. The Lord WANTS us to of course turn to HIM FIRST!!! Yet in His mercy He has blessed us with each other. He asks us to teach, encourage, and be thankful TOGETHER.
Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
The Lord asks us to pray together.
James 5:16
Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.
We have seen first hand the amazing amount of love the Lord has filled his people with being poured out on us. Honestly it has been hard to be the one in the position of accepting so much as I feel I will never be able to return as much as has been poured out on me and my family. At the same time I am incredibly thankful for each and every prayer, hug, encouraging word, and the unending acts of service being done for us. It's a blessing to see the Lord in so many peoples lives, He is so apparent and you all are so encouraging to see His love in the midst of a storm so clearly.
1 Peter 4:9
He hospitable to one another without complaint.
John 13:34
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
I am hoping to encourage you all that when you are in the midst of a struggle or trial, do NOT keep it to yourself. Do go to the Lord first and pray. Also, reach out to those around you that know the Lord and ask for prayer and share your cares and concerns or even keep it an unspoken request that you just need prayer. But, do reach out. It is definitely a change I am going to do my best to make and if it's something you struggle with like I do I would like to encourage you to do the same.
It is well with my soul.
Psalm 62:5
My soul, waits only upon God; for my expectation is from Him.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
In every thing give thanks;; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
Today is the day I receive the 5th of 6 chemo treatments in my cancer treatment plan.
The Lord has been so gracious and has heard the prayers of my prayer warrior friends and family.
The way they originally explained my chemo journey was that we start at our starting point for me I’m going to say I started at 100%.
It was a rough start until they added a shot to force my immune system to create nuetrophils the blood cells that fight illness and infection as chemo kills those off.
They said I would never return to 100% as each treatment would tear my body down so I would slowly, slightly decline with each treatment.
I have to say that has not been the case for me miraculously. This last round was actually THE BEST round I’ve had physically overall. I’ve been wracking my brain trying to figure out why.
It has to be an answer to prayer from you all. Please continue to pray and that it repeats this round and the next as well.π
I've tried a few new things on my end the Lord has led me to that may have helped as well but we’ll never know for sure.
I do know for sure prayer works! I know the Lord doesn’t always answer prayer how I see things and want but, I’ve seen His hand and blessing so apparent in the last few months I know it’s Him. π
The things that were different from my end were that I’ve been much more faithful about consistently using an infrared dry sauna. Also a sweet friend offered to give me a massage with essential oils on my worst chemo day this last round. The other thing was the nurse who gives me my infusions is always different each time. The gal this last time gave me the medications that don’t typically cause nausea right away first, followed by my anti-nausea meds then the harsher chemo meds. I’m really curious if changing up the order did something. I requested to have the meds given to me in that order again to see if it makes a difference and helps.
I've been through seasons and experiences where I felt the Lord was far away (it wasn't Him that was far away though ;-). Through this caner experience it's given me a perspective on my previous experiences that I didn't see before. The challenges before I realize now that I kept to myself (cancer isn't something I can keep to myself as it disrupts our life so much) and tried to carry the load before by myself. I felt I was reaching out to the Lord thankfully. He carried me through, He is forever faithful. I now see though that the Lord has blessed me with an amazing husband who can carry more on his shoulders and is full of love and WANTS to help me even though it adds to his load. He has taken me to and stayed with me for every chemo treatment. Love this man so much!
Along with an absolutely amazing community the Lord has blessed us with. The Lord WANTS us to of course turn to HIM FIRST!!! Yet in His mercy He has blessed us with each other. He asks us to teach, encourage, and be thankful TOGETHER.
Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
The Lord asks us to pray together.
James 5:16
Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.
We have seen first hand the amazing amount of love the Lord has filled his people with being poured out on us. Honestly it has been hard to be the one in the position of accepting so much as I feel I will never be able to return as much as has been poured out on me and my family. At the same time I am incredibly thankful for each and every prayer, hug, encouraging word, and the unending acts of service being done for us. It's a blessing to see the Lord in so many peoples lives, He is so apparent and you all are so encouraging to see His love in the midst of a storm so clearly.
1 Peter 4:9
He hospitable to one another without complaint.
John 13:34
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
I am hoping to encourage you all that when you are in the midst of a struggle or trial, do NOT keep it to yourself. Do go to the Lord first and pray. Also, reach out to those around you that know the Lord and ask for prayer and share your cares and concerns or even keep it an unspoken request that you just need prayer. But, do reach out. It is definitely a change I am going to do my best to make and if it's something you struggle with like I do I would like to encourage you to do the same.
It is well with my soul.
Psalm 62:5
My soul, waits only upon God; for my expectation is from Him.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
In every thing give thanks;; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.



What a beautiful expression of gratitude. You are my teacher these days. I have been humbled watching you and your family walk out your/their faith. Continuing to pray for you! I love you.
ReplyDelete