News

Last week consisted of a bunch of tests now that chemo is over to see where my cancer stands. To see what the chemo did and make sure it did it's job. The great news is that after an MRI, a CT or CAT scan and a bone scan they are saying the 3 tumors have shrunk to basically nothing and looking like small blurbs on the screen along with the lymph nodes looking better as well! Praise the Lord!!!
The bad news is that when they did the scan from my shoulders to my hips they then discovered yet another tumor. At first they weren’t sure what it was, if it was my large intestine just folded over on itself or what it was, the picture wasn’t very clear is what they told us. I was sent for further testing. The tumor (now that we know what it is) is located near the end of my large intestine ,they sent me for a colonoscopy....fun, fun. 😉
We met with the gastro doctor today for the results from the biopsy they took after locating a tumor in my large intestine on Friday and they have found that it is non cancerous PRAISE THE LORD!!!  It’s about about 5cm long and 3 cm wide and with it being this size they are suggesting surgery to remove the section of my large intestine it is located in, especially with cancer already known to be in my body in hopes that none of this will be left behind and return and/or become cancerous in the future.
As of now I know moving forward I still have my Herceptin infusions every 3 weeks until October. I have surgery coming up to remove the last bits of the original 3 tumors along with the lymph nodes sometime in March that are still affected from my original breast cancer diagnosis.
Then about 6 weeks after surgery will be radiation.
We haven’t heard yet when they will do this new surgery yet.
We are so incredibly thankful they did a scan of most of my body and found this new tumor as I have no pain or any indication as to the fact I had anything going on. I’ve had a bit of intestinal issues but assumed it was something like I need to watch what I ate so I never would have thought to have them look for a tumor. Nope, the doctor is saying my issues are from the tumor, my insides look fantastic other than the new tumor they found. I can’t imagine not having found it and it continuing to grow. We are so thankful to have discovered it so it can be addressed.
Prayers that my body will not grow any more tumors would be greatly appreciated.😉



Comments

Popular Posts