Back to the Basics
Dear Emma and Eleanor,
With things going crazy right now in the world and so many in a panic my heart for you both is that the Lord fills you with peace. That He fills you with His peace so that looking back on this season you will not remember it with fear. The Lord has us, He loves us more than we can ever imagine and He will not leave us.
One of the best things to me about having to slow down and getting to stay home more is exactly that, we will be home more. They are suggesting in an attempt to slow down and hopefully contain this virus that is trying to take over is for us all to just stay home. I'm looking forward to more time in the mornings without feeling rushed so we can have our Bible and prayer time peacefully. It sounds exciting to me in a certain way.
We may need to change a few things for a while here as everyone is concerned for the health of everyone around them with this crazy Corona Virus. That's okay. We can change things. Really though from my perspective we don't have a lot to change for us personally. I pray that what we do change turns to a blessing for us all though.
I'm going to list things here in a few posts about going back to the basics in a few different blog posts. This is not a new way of life we are having to be faced with just temporary inconveniences. With these inconveniences we will be spending more time at home and more time with each other. We won't have some of the things we rely on in everyday life as easily to come by. That's ok though.
I will put them down here so we have them to refer to and remember just in case. We never know if the future might hold something like this again where we may have to rely on good old fashioned basics.
When I say basics I mean just in case being able to live without our everyday conveniences. We live spoiled lives. Even with having to face things like running out of toilet paper, or disinfectant or bleach or being restricted to staying home, we are still able to turn to the basics.
I will talk to you about some basics of homeschooling and teaching and learning from home. We are SO spoiled though. Even though we are stuck at home to learn these things, in our day and age we have the internet and power.
Basics of buying in bulk (which we already do with such a large family) and freezing what we can. Also, I'm going to put down here so you have it just in case of how to can fruits and vegetables like we already do. How to make basics like bread and granola, etc. Things we already do for the most part, maybe not on a regular basis, but just so you know in case someday you are faced with these chaotic times once again but I'm not here to pass this stuff along.
Basics of making out own cleaners. Basics of growing our garden. Basics of if we have to even using fabric for toilet paper (let's hope and pray it doesn't come to that.)
There are so many things people are in a panic over when really, to me, it's coming to the realization of how spoiled we are. It wasn't that long ago (when we stop and put things in perspective) when my grandmother didn't have running water in her home. She had to use an outhouse for the bathroom and old magazines and catalogs were used for toilet paper - I'm not kidding! Cloth diapers for babies and cloth feminine hygiene products were normal for them. We are spoiled. I don't think we'll have to go back to THOSE basics but thankfully there are things she's passed along I would like to make sure you know about just in case.
That will be my goal with these next few blog posts.
Most of all, so we can use these things to be a blessing to everyone around us in whatever ways we can in these uncertain times.
With things going crazy right now in the world and so many in a panic my heart for you both is that the Lord fills you with peace. That He fills you with His peace so that looking back on this season you will not remember it with fear. The Lord has us, He loves us more than we can ever imagine and He will not leave us.
One of the best things to me about having to slow down and getting to stay home more is exactly that, we will be home more. They are suggesting in an attempt to slow down and hopefully contain this virus that is trying to take over is for us all to just stay home. I'm looking forward to more time in the mornings without feeling rushed so we can have our Bible and prayer time peacefully. It sounds exciting to me in a certain way.
We may need to change a few things for a while here as everyone is concerned for the health of everyone around them with this crazy Corona Virus. That's okay. We can change things. Really though from my perspective we don't have a lot to change for us personally. I pray that what we do change turns to a blessing for us all though.
I'm going to list things here in a few posts about going back to the basics in a few different blog posts. This is not a new way of life we are having to be faced with just temporary inconveniences. With these inconveniences we will be spending more time at home and more time with each other. We won't have some of the things we rely on in everyday life as easily to come by. That's ok though.
I will put them down here so we have them to refer to and remember just in case. We never know if the future might hold something like this again where we may have to rely on good old fashioned basics.
When I say basics I mean just in case being able to live without our everyday conveniences. We live spoiled lives. Even with having to face things like running out of toilet paper, or disinfectant or bleach or being restricted to staying home, we are still able to turn to the basics.
I will talk to you about some basics of homeschooling and teaching and learning from home. We are SO spoiled though. Even though we are stuck at home to learn these things, in our day and age we have the internet and power.
Basics of buying in bulk (which we already do with such a large family) and freezing what we can. Also, I'm going to put down here so you have it just in case of how to can fruits and vegetables like we already do. How to make basics like bread and granola, etc. Things we already do for the most part, maybe not on a regular basis, but just so you know in case someday you are faced with these chaotic times once again but I'm not here to pass this stuff along.
Basics of making out own cleaners. Basics of growing our garden. Basics of if we have to even using fabric for toilet paper (let's hope and pray it doesn't come to that.)
There are so many things people are in a panic over when really, to me, it's coming to the realization of how spoiled we are. It wasn't that long ago (when we stop and put things in perspective) when my grandmother didn't have running water in her home. She had to use an outhouse for the bathroom and old magazines and catalogs were used for toilet paper - I'm not kidding! Cloth diapers for babies and cloth feminine hygiene products were normal for them. We are spoiled. I don't think we'll have to go back to THOSE basics but thankfully there are things she's passed along I would like to make sure you know about just in case.
That will be my goal with these next few blog posts.
Most of all, so we can use these things to be a blessing to everyone around us in whatever ways we can in these uncertain times.

Comments
Post a Comment