Dear Emma and Eleanor,

Right now most everyone in the world is wrapped up in or concerned to some degree with the Corona Virus. It started in China and has spread throughout the world over the last few months. It has come here to Idaho where we live too. It was just confirmed as being here in our area last night. It has impacted everyone for weeks though.

The impact has been felt mostly now before the actual illness itself hit our area. It has been affecting everyone in being able to shop for everyday items and food. Folks are planning to be shut up at home and afraid mostly to run out of toilet paper it seems. :-)


I am hoping to help you remember this experience as I'm sure it will happen again in some way, someday for you. If we look back at history we can see these things happening again and again. I am hoping you will have the same peace as you do now though when facing them again in the future. I overheard you talking with your siblings saying, "Well, if it's anything like the flu we just went through a month ago this is going to be great! We get to sleep as much as we want. We get to watch movies as much as we want. What's wrong with that?"


This is your remembrance of 5 days of fever and feeling horrible and being left with a horrible cough for weeks afterward.


I'm sure the fact that we stay home as a way of life with homeschooling already is part of what helps us not panic. I'm sure that the fact we already try to build our immune systems and stay as healthy as we can to fight off bugs when we do get them helps. I'm sure the fact we've been blessed with a family with no compromised immune systems helps. I'm sure the fact that we cook 99% of our meals at home already from scratch and buy things in bulk as it's cheaper for a large family anyway helps us not stress about having enough.
Mostly though, I'm sure our trust and faith in God and Jesus bring us the most peace with all of this. At the end of the conversation I overheard you and your siblings having I heard you say, "Well if I get this and I die, I go to heaven, what's wrong with that? Sounds pretty good to me."
I am thankful you have that peace at your young age.


I also understand that IF it were to affect any of your grandparents it would be very hard and sad to lose them due to this. At the same time, I am incredibly grateful to see your heart in this and trust in the Lord.


This above all else from this experience with the Corona Virus is my hope and prayer for you. That you remember your faith in Jesus and His love for us in the middle of the fear and panic going on around us. Remembering His love and peace for us even if and when we are faced with this virus taking someone from us we love.


We will walk in faith and continue to trust the Lord. We will continue to pray for all of those around us this is affecting and will affect. We will continue to pray for the Lord to lead us in ways we can be His hands and feet to those around us that need help at this time.


Just as we should always be doing. Loving and serving others and those in our lives the Lord has blessed us with as the Lord leads us to and gives us the opportunity to.


Life goes on pretty normal for us and I pray this time leaves you with peace and good memories of this season of life.

A few pictures to remember this season. Big boys reserching how to build an aircraft carrier. Big sister reading to little brother. Brother spending time painting. Big sister letting little brother help her create salt foot scrub. These pictures bless my heart as a mother. Even in the midst of the world filled with fear and panic the Lord has blessed us with a home filled with love. Thank you Jesus.

Let's never forget the priorities the Lord puts on our hearts girls and keep our eyes on Him.






Comments

Popular Posts