Week 1 of "Vacation"
About 5 years ago now Nathan and I learned that when traveling with children you don't get the true "vacation" rest and feeling of a vacation that we did before children. We LOVE getting to go places and do things with our children, but it is just different. So I loosely call our last 3 weeks a "vacation". Though it was the kids summer vacation trip. Secretly I'm still hoping Nathan and I can somehow get away late in the summer for a grown ups only vacation :-)
Ayway.... back to our last three weeks.... week 1 of our "vacation" started with Damien, Kristin and Jacen flying into town to visit with us and us taking them up to McCall for the weekend. McCall, Id is so beautiful and such a restful place for us. We spent time hanging out at the timeshare that was PERFECTLY located for us :-) out our back door was this huge wall of rocks! What more could all of the boys ask for :-)
We came back home Memorial Day and spent the day relaxing around the house and at the little waterpark across the street. Also a small birthday celebration for Emma's 2nd birthday as her birthday the next day was to be spent sitting in the car driving to visit Nana and Papa and Grandma the next day :-)
On Emma's birthday Damien, Kristin, Jacen, Colin, Alexander, Emma, Harrison and myself loaded up into the Sequoia and head out west :-) Nathan unfortunately had to stay and work... one of the drawbacks of working for yourself .... if you don't work there's noone to do the work for you :-) He was able to eventually hook up with us for a few days at the end of our adventures out west.
We did celebrate her birthday the day after though at Grandma's with a few of her uncle's and aunt and cousin.
Most of this first week was spent staying the night at my Uncle Rich and Auntie Karen's house who live just down the road from my mom aka grandma. Mom and I and the kids were able to head out to the Oregon coast for a bit one day, also to visit a really fun place called Shady Dell where the boys and I were able to ride on miniature trains :-) And just get to spend some time visiting with and getting spoiled by grandma :-)
We then went to the barn and visit the goats and cows and let the kids play on the hay bales. Auntie Joey (my sister) and her son Danny were able to join us and also Ron and Kara's son Ellis. The boys were having so much fun and even all ended up in an old apple tree :-) Ron has hung a HUGE tractor tire from some tree's to make the ultimate tree tire swing :-) They had so much fun!
It reminded me of how fortunate I was when I was a little girl. I spent 99.9% of my days with my grandparents who still lived on part of this land after my uncle bought it and fortunate enough to have most of these activities as part of my daily fun :-) growing up!
At the end our our first week we spent some time back with Nathan's parents Papa and Nana and Auntie Heather. The older three had so much fun running around and playing outside (they live in a great area with a bunch of oak trees) and two mornings we even saw deer about 10-15 feet away from us just walking through :-)
And I have to include the photo's of our fun time we had with Auntie Heather... she introduced the boys to the fun of a magnifying glass :-) Heather has just start a job as a preschool teacher is she going to be great or what!!!!!!!
Oh my...you DID have such recreation growing up! How fun. I love the picture of the boys in the tree. I'm glad you had fun. But, selfishly, it was so fun to see you back here again. :o)
ReplyDelete