Wednesday's In The Summer
We have spent the last couple of Wednesday mornings here......
Eagle Island State Park.
Katie, Eli and Lyla have been able to join us and it has been wonderful!
I am a complete homebody and it is a challenge for me to get out of the house as I am content to just stay home and my children entertain themselves and have great imaginations and I never feel pressured to "get them out" or that "they are bored".
But... I see them light up when we do get out and go to the Zoo or the Discovery Center or somewhere with other people :-)
With four children it can be a challenge to find somewhere they are all able to have fun together at the same time with the age differences as well as something that isn't going to cost us a fortune.
We've discovered this wonderful park just 10 minutes from our house with a wonderful sandy beach and water that isn't freezing, as well as very shallow quite a ways out and it has a yellow barrier to help the kids know where to stay. It's perfect for us!
Katie introduced us to the Puddle Jumper's that work SO well... the kids LOVE them and I feel so much better about being around water with 4 kids on my own :-)
We get there as early as we can and bring our lunch and just hang out and enjoy ourselves until it's naptime. By noon time is when the park starts to get busy we head home and with the Annual State Parks Pass that we purchased we can go as much as we want all year long and I don't feel like just a morning is a waste of money!
Another great benefit is that there is a play structure right behind us so if it does happen to be too chilly to stay in the water the kids can play around on the play ground/play structure (and something else other mom's will appreciate .... the bathrooms are close by and clean as well :-)
So... if you're ever looking for something to do on a Wednesday morning... come on out we'd love company :-) I am really going to try to get the kids out there every Wednsday this summer (I know it sounds weird that I have to try to get out of the house but that's just me... I'm backwards that way :-)
Eagle Island State Park.
Katie, Eli and Lyla have been able to join us and it has been wonderful!
I am a complete homebody and it is a challenge for me to get out of the house as I am content to just stay home and my children entertain themselves and have great imaginations and I never feel pressured to "get them out" or that "they are bored".
But... I see them light up when we do get out and go to the Zoo or the Discovery Center or somewhere with other people :-)
With four children it can be a challenge to find somewhere they are all able to have fun together at the same time with the age differences as well as something that isn't going to cost us a fortune.
We've discovered this wonderful park just 10 minutes from our house with a wonderful sandy beach and water that isn't freezing, as well as very shallow quite a ways out and it has a yellow barrier to help the kids know where to stay. It's perfect for us!
Katie introduced us to the Puddle Jumper's that work SO well... the kids LOVE them and I feel so much better about being around water with 4 kids on my own :-)
We get there as early as we can and bring our lunch and just hang out and enjoy ourselves until it's naptime. By noon time is when the park starts to get busy we head home and with the Annual State Parks Pass that we purchased we can go as much as we want all year long and I don't feel like just a morning is a waste of money!
Another great benefit is that there is a play structure right behind us so if it does happen to be too chilly to stay in the water the kids can play around on the play ground/play structure (and something else other mom's will appreciate .... the bathrooms are close by and clean as well :-)
So... if you're ever looking for something to do on a Wednesday morning... come on out we'd love company :-) I am really going to try to get the kids out there every Wednsday this summer (I know it sounds weird that I have to try to get out of the house but that's just me... I'm backwards that way :-)
Sir Harrison testing out this water stuff :-) It's actually quite nice that he seems to be a bit afraid of the water (for now)... I'm sure it won't be long though before he just barrels out with the big boys though!
Emma and Lyla were SO cute together! Lyla is definitely more comfortable being in the water than Emma. Yet another reason I'm hoping to get them all more comfortable just being in the water so when the time comes that we can get them swim lessons they will at least be past that part of the challenge! We are well on our way with the boys... now to just work with Emma and Harrison.

Comments
Post a Comment