2nd Treatment Day

1 Thess 5:18
In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today is the day for my second chemo treatment.

The great news is my neutrophil count has come back up to a great number. The healthy minimum is 2 and I'm up to a 8!!!
They will have me come back tomorrow for a shot to help my bones create more neutrophil this time around to avoid having me crashing and becoming neutropenic like I did the first round. As much as I hate shots I'm all for it. I really do not care to go through that again. Having to stay away from my children, even in our own home was the hardest thing I've ever done.

Once again, I went to bed last night nervous. The first time I was nervous because I had no idea what to expect.
This time around I was nervous because I now had an idea of what to expect and I do not want it to happen again!
Once again, the Lord has helped me to wake up this morning after the few hours of sleep I was able to get (one of the side effects of the medicine I need to take the day before the day of and the day after chemo is insomnia) and I had a peace about today. I love how the Lord has done that both times for me.
One of the good things about insomnia though is that I have uninterrupted time. Uninterrupted time to pray. I feel as though the current list of those around me to pray for is so great. I am so thankful for time to get to come to the Lord and pray without the pressures of the day around me. It is such a blessing. So please....if there is anything I can add to my prayer list please let me know, I would love to get to pray for you. The Lord has put me in a season where it's pretty much all I can do for others right now, please let me do this for you.

My prayer requests are...
- that our children can get healthy and stay healthy this winter season. I'm praying they all have it out of the way now. ;-)
- the Lord will help the shot I get tomorrow do what it is suppose to and I do not end up neutropenic anymore through the treatment plan.
- that my sweet husband stays healthy and can find the time to rest he needs through all of this that he is helping me with so much and trying to stay on top of all of his own responsibilities as well.
- that the Lord will help me think clearly enough to try to stay on top of the many Thank You's that I hope to send out for the amazing amount of blessings we are being blessed with. You all have been unbelievably kind to us all. We are so thankful!
We covet the prayers the Lord is so good and faithful!  Love you all!!!


Comments

  1. ♡♡♡I just had the chance to read through your posts thus far... Wow! You are beautiful inside and out! Thank you for sharing your journey, your transparency and encouragement! You and your sweet family are continually in our prayers! God is on the move and you are a bright light!! ~Katie Pew

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts