Prayers for Health Please

Have you heard the saying a mother loses 50% of her brain cells every time she is pregnant?

Well, if it's true, (which unfortunately I have to say seems to be true for me) you realize I am only operating on a daily basis with 0.78125 of a percent of what I started with. Colin is thankful he was born first and got the 50% of the original 100. Not that it was anything to brag about on my part, I've never been considered "smart". But, oh man.....poor Tobias. Good thing he's so cute, sweet and funny.

With having and developing "chemo brain" which I've been told only gets worse with time, I admit I'm nervous. If I don't remember you or make sense when having conversation with you....I just want to tell you now. I will NOT be offended if you call me on it.

I would also like to ask for prayer for my poor brain. ;-)

As well as my poor family that lives with me and my scatter-brainedness.

On a more serious note. Nathan put the following together to explain why they have to put my in isolation. To protect me from any and all germs right now. No easy task with 7 walking petri-dishes in our home. ;-)

On Monday we went in for a 1 week follow up for some blood test to see what the Chemo is doing to her body.  Her results came back low.  The Total White Blood count is at 1,300 (commonly referred to as 1.3), for 4,500 to 11,000 is normal. White blood cells fight infections. Basically if Sharon's body develops an infection her body can not fight it off. The most important white blood cell is the Neutrophils.  Sharon's are at 140, which a normal range is 2,500 - 6,000.  If the total neutrophil count drops below 500, a serious infection can develop. Lastly her Red Blood cell platelets are at 146,000 which normal range is 150,000 - 400,000.  This is good for the platelets because they help to stop bleeding, but because the white blood cells are so low the doctors took a precautionary measure and put Sharon on an antibiotic to help fight anything that she may come in contact with either in public (though on house arrest until they come back up except for doctor appointments.) or at home with the kids. We will have to go in again next Monday to get retested to see where everything is at and if Sharon's body is rebuilding her blood counts up again.  They need to be higher in order to take chemo.  If they are not the doctors will have to give Sharon another drug to try to rebuild them before the next chemo appointment the following Monday, November 13th.

Please pray that Sharon's white blood count increases to healthy levels and that during this time of low levels she does not get sick or catch something from somebody or something from one of our kids.  The kids are currently fighting the beginning of colds, runny noses / sore throats (which we are fighting back with vitamins etc.).  We serve an awesome God who will never leave us for forsake us

Comments

  1. Much love and prayers for your family. Please don't hesitate if you need ANYTHING, another meal,(eventually I won't have to keep buying your dinner as I may have a kitchen in a month😃), errands, whatever you may need. I know you are doused with support but we are sending you more😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it, prayers for health for ALL of you. Andy could teach the kids his hand-washing regiment when at his PT facilities. Talk about dried-out hands, but it works!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts