Missed My Family

I was released from the hospital yesterday and allowed to come home. Home sweet home it is so nice and I am so thankful to be back here.
But, only on the condition I would still be very careful for the next 4-5 days about staying away from germs. My numbers are still low enough I'm considered neutropenic.
I promised I would. I DO NOT want to go back in the hospital!

Even with having given birth to 7 children the only time I've spent time in the hospital before this week was 12 hours each time with giving birth to Ellis and Tobias, 12 hours is doable.
Wednesday night to Saturday afternoon was HARD! I was limited with where I could go as they didn't want me exposed to germs, I'm in agreement but it doesn't leave much to do. Along with being there they require things like an IV hooked up to you, my first has been with cancer as I have never had one before. They require to check your vitals every 4 hours (no sleep in other words). They also required me to get a shot to prevent blood clots as I wasn't as active as normal, I'm really suspicious of that shot as being what I reacted to with a migraine.
I am just guessing here, it could have been a combination of it all but whatever it was in my experience in the hospital it left me with my first migraine ever on Friday. OH MY!!!! All I can say is if you get them, I am SO sorry! If you know someone who does, please do what you can to help. They are NO joke! I have given birth to 7 children with NO pain meds. I thought I knew what pain was.
Ummm.....no, NO CLUE until that migraine. It brought me to tears and about to throw up. There I was sitting in a hospital in the worst pain of my life but hating to sound like someone that needs drugs but, I NEEDED something. Any amount of light or noise just made it worse, it was awful. They were able to help me thankfully. But even with narcotic strength drugs it took about an hour and a half before it was down enough to not feel like I was going to die.
If someone tells you they have a migraine.....listen to them, help them, it is no joke!

My oncologist was the doctor making rounds in the hospital on Saturday morning and can I say he is amazing. Every nurse or other medical staff who had asked who my doctor was told me I have the best when I told them who he was, Dr Travis Williams.
He literally has an amazing bedside manner. He came in and sat on the side of my bed like a dad would. He asked how I was and genuinely listened when I told him about the migraine and any other concerns I had. He said my numbers still weren't where they need to be, not even close really but he was willing to let me go if I promised to wear a mask when I was around my kids at home and to still try to stay isolated for another 4-5 days. My numbers were finally starting to go up instead of down so I was able to come home. Dr. Williams also said that now that we know how my body reacts to chemo, after each treatment from now on I will get a shot 24 hours after my treatment that will help my body create more white blood cells/neutrophils so I hopefully won't go through this again. I have a feeling after all of this I will be over my fear of needles. I'm already kinda starting to get use to getting poked all the time, maybe. ;-)

It was much better to be home in my own bed when my migraine came back. These things are no joke.
Thankfully they left me with some medication to help manage it here at home.
Here it is Sunday morning and I think this nasty migraine is finally gone, there's still a dull ache, please pray with me that it goes away.

I sure missed my family and these silly little ones! I love them all to pieces!!!

Comments

  1. Praying my friend! I had a week of spinal headaches following the birth one of my babies. After 4 attempts of an epidural it never took . I too had my babies with no drugs and I agree that the head aches are way worse. Praying for you consistently. 💞#itiswellwithmysoul

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are home again. Praying with you that you get to stay there!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts