A Friends Vision
Below is a vision the Lord gave to a friend of mine and I just love it. So I'm posting it here that I can refer back to it as well as share it with who ever stumbles upon it. The Lord gave me almost a vision a few days ago. It SO helped & encouraged me...about being a wife. For some reason I got a picture in my head of my husband carrying this huge, heavy load on his back, literally...I can really see it in my mind. He's all stooped over, he can't even stand up straight, it's a HUGE load, bursting with stuff, things ready to fall out, SUPER heavy. If I keep this picture of him in my mind, it becomes very clear what my role is... to give him refreshment to be able to keep going, encourage him, provide a place where he can temporarily set the load down and perhaps complain, maybe just rest, sometimes rejoice that the load is off his back for just a moment. When the load is back upon his back, I can walk along and pick up things that fall, maybe carry them for awhile, maybe just gently place them back upon his back. When he drops things, I would never be disappointed or upset, I would be heartbroken that he has so much to carry, there's no way he could possibly keep from dropping things occasionally. Because, the thing is, I cannot possibly carry this load. If I tried it would be a disaster. I'm not designed to carry this load. I'm the HELPER. Maybe he could put a hand on my shoulder from time to time, when he's weary. My face would ALWAYS be encouraging, supportive. I would truly believe that he was incredibly strong. I wouldn't have to make myself believe it. No matter what kind of load I am called to carry, it is not the one he is called to carry...even if he's rebelling and acting like this huge burden is not upon his back, IT IS!!! And perhaps he's suffering all the more for not just submitting to it. All the more I should encourage him, be supportive, give and BE that cup of cold water to a weary traveler...my husband.


Comments
Post a Comment