Little Ducks In A Row

I had a prenatal appointment today and took the chil'n with me. They have been with me to plenty of appointments and know what is expected of them and that they are to sit on the wall and talk quietly if they talk. They usually do pretty good. Every now and then they push the envelope :-) Today though.... I had childcare lined up so I could go without them but it fell through something came up at the last minute. That was okay.. we all just went. I did my normal "talk" on the drive there about what the rules were and what behavior was expected of them and then again just before we went into the doctors office. They did great! Well...... all the way up until the appointment was just about over. Of course right when the doctor has me laying down on the table to measure my belly Emma decides the blood pressure cuff looks like a fun toy and wouldn't listen so I hopped up and gave her a little swat and she obeyed the rest of the time. Then I'm laying there and the doctor is listening to the babies heartbeat when the boys found a book they decided to argue over! I couldn't believe it... the timing was perfect, there was nothing I could do but have one of the boys go to a corner and sit there. Which of course started a bad attitude. My doctor finishes up helps me sit up and gives me a hug and smiles saying "you're normal!" like she's all excited :-) I look at her funny and she says...."your kids are always sitting there sooo good like little ducks in a row and now I know you are all quite normal!" I had to laugh at her!!!!!!!! If only she knew :-) :-) :-) Oh, really..... if only she knew! She see's my kids every four weeks for about 20 minutes :-) So.... off to home we went us little ducks all in a row for some more training :-)

Comments

Popular Posts