Okay.. Everybody Stay Calm
Okay.... I'm really wondering if I'm missing the mark with this home schooling thing some days. I know I could probably be doing more with Colin but knowing that I'm pregnant and having to keep this going with a baby coming in a few months I didn't want to overload us for the long haul. But.... it really seems I'm being deceived in how easy this is :-) He LOVES to get to "do his lessons" each day. All of the children and I work on Bible and memory work together each day. ---side note Emma was SO cute today.... they are memorizing a Bible verse for each letter of the alphabet and I asked for someone to raise their hand if they could remember the memory verse that goes with letter B. Emma raised her hand :-) :-) :-) Tooo cute! She mumbled something so who knows, maybe she does know it and just can't say it yet since she doesn't say anything more than mama and dada and please which sounds like "tease" these days :-) Anyhow.... I just hope and pray the Lord will show me if I'm missing something or doing something wrong with this home schooling thing. We have Social Studies and Art and Science and Bible on top of the normal Reading, Phonics and Math. I'm not quite sure what more I could do for a kindergartener :-) But thank you Lord that Colin does LOVE to get to "do school" each day! Please help him to always keep that love of learning! And for it to pass onto his siblings by watching his example :-) *** later in the day *** A funny Colin saying..... (I know these things don't sound as funny typed out but I can still see them and hear them in my head is why I write/type them down so I don't forget :-) The children were playing nicely in their bedroom when Colin comes out with big eyes and his best grown-up voice.... "Okay......... Everybody stay calm!" (talking only to me of course). "The K'nex just went down the vent in my room!" Okay... it made me laugh SO hard! I'm not quite sure where the 'okay, everybody stay calm' comment came from but it was halarious! So now the line of the day "Okay... everybody.... stay calm!!!"


Comments
Post a Comment