The Blog and a December 2010 Re-cap
The blog has been quiet... but life hasn't :-)
I was thinking I'd do a quick recap of the last few months just to catch up... but I don't want to just skip over anything so... I think I'll attempt a picture update by month with a bit of narration...
Here it goes :-)
From before Thanksgiving all the way through December we had a significant amount of snowfall this year. It was wonderful!!! The kids enjoyed every bit of it! And we couldn't complain as our neighbor is a retired gentleman that owns a snow blower and for something to do used it on our driveway for us more than once! Neighbor Dan is the best!
We had enough snow to build a whole snowman family that even included baby-on-the-way :-)
In our house with little ones there never seems to be a month that goes by without some sort of "adventure" we'll call it :-) This month is was Harrison the Hurricane... he had a bad habit of pushing himself back from the table in his booster seat when done with his meals. Well... after one night of the chair sticking and not sliding but falling, as well as his head connecting with the sliding glass door... he broke that bad habit. Thankfully he was fine... a nice cut on the backside of his head as well as a good bruise but he was ok. It gave our sliding glass door a nice wintry-festive look :-)
With it being December Christmas activities kept us busy. Believe it or not.. this was the first year we did Gingerbread Houses :-) I have to say I'm glad we waited until most of the kiddo's were old enough (I'm still not sure about Matt as it seemed one candy went on the house one went to Harrison... one went on the house, one went to Harrison :-).
These were our finished product.
December also has Alexander's Birthday and this year he was quite particular about what he wanted on his cake so I asked him to draw me a picture of what he wanted.
Below there is a picture of an airplane flying over a forest fire and it is dropping water to put the fire out as well as Alexander's self portrait of being a fire jumper, sky-diving down into the fire to help put it out too.
He also has a hunter and some animals running out of the forest fire.
I have to say it was a tall order to fill to try to duplicate all that on his cake!
Below is my attempt at copying his drawing :-) (I skipped adding the hunter and animals :-)
This year for Christmas we decided to drive out to Oregon to be with our families and thankfully the weather was perfect the day we drove out! We couldn't have asked for better... it was just beautiful!
I don't have many pictures of our time in Oregon it seemed to just fly by!!!
Below is a picture of Colin's first ice-skating attempt and he was doing GREAT by the end! He is in the blue and yellow coat.. His cousins are all around. Notice cousin Jack just behind him... he is such a sweet cousin to have... one of Colin's favorites! Jack stayed with him and helped him SO much! Alexander was skating by himself by the end as well! Emma made one loop with dad and said that was enough :-) While Harrison and I just waiting in the heated waiting room :-)
And that said... Christmas was fabulous! We love the time we get to spend with our family.
I did take the camera with me! I just never got around to using it. Lesson of the Trip: I've learned... Don't forget your camera at any of Nathan's families houses :-) I did and this is what it came back on it :-)
This is Ginger, April and Stephen's dog... all dressed up in Cousin Addy's glasses saying "hello" and....
... the end.


Comments
Post a Comment