K'nex and LEGO's too
My nephew that lives with us Matt and his little brother David use to play with these toys when they were little.
My mom had kept them and passed them onto me as she knew how much my boys like to build. They have been such a huge blessing! The K'nex are by far the favorite toy of all of our children! And they get VERY creative with them. The second best toy has been LEGO's... there are a few pictures of what they have create with the LEGO's as well.
There have even been days where their creations have gotten so elaborate that I couldn't bring myself to make them stop and do "formal school work" that day. I figure with the math and science skills and learning to work together so well and create and formulate plans together they were getting enough "school" for that day!
Below is a sampling of what they have created :-)
After Quiet Time I went to tell Colin time was up and this is what I found he had made..... it's not a very good angle but... the front part is the lauching structure his space-shuttle (on the back part) is attached to. I was a bit concerned but more so impressed that he made it bigger than himself!
My mom had kept them and passed them onto me as she knew how much my boys like to build. They have been such a huge blessing! The K'nex are by far the favorite toy of all of our children! And they get VERY creative with them. The second best toy has been LEGO's... there are a few pictures of what they have create with the LEGO's as well.
There have even been days where their creations have gotten so elaborate that I couldn't bring myself to make them stop and do "formal school work" that day. I figure with the math and science skills and learning to work together so well and create and formulate plans together they were getting enough "school" for that day!
Below is a sampling of what they have created :-)
After Quiet Time I went to tell Colin time was up and this is what I found he had made..... it's not a very good angle but... the front part is the lauching structure his space-shuttle (on the back part) is attached to. I was a bit concerned but more so impressed that he made it bigger than himself!
You never know when a K'nex sword might come in handy when watching a movie with dad!
Colin made his own glasses (and watch if you can see it on his wrist).
The boys made their own jet-packs one day too :-)
Not too long ago the boys got it into their heads that they wanted to build the Titanic... below is their version :-)
Colin made his own ear-piece for his pretend phone :-)
Just a few of the many creations the boys have come up with over time. I am so thankful for their creativity!

Your boys really are incredible!!!!! I'm so impressed! I also want to know how Colin got up that high? :o)
ReplyDeleteJen... do you notice the bookshelf to the right side of the picture :-) We had a nice long talk about climbing on furniture afterwards :-) He has since started asking for the step stool.
ReplyDeleteAWESOME, Colin and Alexander! My favorite picture is the one of them with their arms around each other after building their Titanic.
ReplyDeleteYou and Nathan must be awesome, natural teachers.
Oh yes, of course. :o) We have similar talks with Liv about our bookshelves. I also agree with Keri. I love their smiles in that picture, and you and Nathan are amazing parents.
ReplyDeleteAmazing how much Colin looks like his Daddy in that last picture! Maybe your boys can show Jacen the building ropes in July, since they do such a GREAT job! Jacen is already talking about visit "cousins' house" soon--he can't wait, nor can we!
ReplyDelete