February 2011
I feel like February was a month that spoiled me :-) I was blessed with not one but two weekends away by my sweet husband! The first was a wonderful Women's Retreat put on by our church up in Garden Valley.... it was such a time of refreshment and blessing for me!
The second weekend was a LONG weekend away that was spent a bit in Seattle with my sister in law Pasha and then we hooked up with all of the other Cooney gals and we spent the weekend together in Canon Beach, Oregon... I am so blessed with the family I have married into! It was a weekend of the perfect amount of rest, visiting, browsing shops and walking on the beach... we were blessed with wonderful weather overall for the Oregon coast!
And of course February has Valentines' Day where my sweety spoiled me again :-) We put the kiddo's to bed early and Nathan made me a yummy dinner and we had a sweet date night at home... it was perfect :-)
We were fortunate enough to have a weekend of 60 degree weather and enjoyed every bit of it! We did a bunch of spring yard work and had a chance to finally burn our Christmas tree that we forgot to put out for collection :-) We also burned a tree that we took out that had died.... it was fun having our own "fire pit" of sorts in our garden area :-)
In the pictures of our day you can see the difference of how our boys appreciate a nice sunny day vs. how their sister appreciates it :-) The differences in boys and girls even at my children's ages is so apparent to me :-)
We also were blessed with a visit from Nathan's brother Stephen and his wife Pasha as they were on their way through town... they spent a weekend with us. It is such a blessing to have family that understands the season of life we are in and enjoy it with us :-) They adore our children and take the time to play with them and listen to them. They are ok with just spending a morning out here and there... which we did by visiting the Discovery Center and enjoying lunch out at the bagel shop :-) But otherwise they enjoyed "quiet time" :-) and all the mischief our children can get into :-) as well as being good sports about the fact that all of our children had terrible chest colds and coughed all over them (sorry about that!). With all that fun you'd think I'd have a ton of fun pictures but I don't... I have been so bad about getting the camera out lately I really need to do better! The one picture I did get Pasha will probably have my head for sharing but it makes me laugh out loud every time I see it! Emma was dragging Pasha around and Harrison found it to be the most opportune time to pick at her belly button so was hanging on her trying to tickle her :-)
February was such a fun filled month :-)


Comments
Post a Comment