Fun Times As Of Late...






We have been invited by being a friend of a friend :-) who has organized a wonderful time each Saturday morning for the littles to get to play soccer :-) Here is a picture from the first soccer practice :-) and in true fashion of kids being kids they were all more facinated by the worms on the field than the soccer balls :-) I think Alexander did almost all of his soccer drills with this handful of worms. Here he is showing Colin his treasure :-)
















Spring has also sprung around here :-) we have had so many days of warm weather... we are excited to get to play outside with our shoes off finally :-) even on the days it's not "so" warm... there's something about sand... it warms up in the sun and feels so good on our toes... as you can see with Emma and Alexander's little piggies sticking out :-)













And here is Harrison growing up WAY TO FAST for my liking :-) He is such a good baby! He is so content... unless he's hungry or tired of course :-) but he has even start to sleep 9 hour stretches at night for his mommy already! Such a sweet boy... he is "talking" so much these days too... it's so sweet to hear the boys go up and ask him when he's making noises... "What are you saying Harrison ?"

On another note :-) I have always had a challenge when it comes to baking with yeast... well that is until lately :-) I have finally learned how to bake with yeast and been having so much fun with it! I have start to make our own bread and cinnamon rolls and all sorts of yummy baked goodies and it's so nice to get to treat my family to food I know doesn't have all sorts of weird things added to them (have you ever really read the label on store bought bread?... other than Great Harvests anyhow).
I know hamburgers and french fries aren't the healthiest of meals. But.... I still love them :-) so we make the healthiest version possible ;-) (if there is such a thing :-) we make our own burgers out of the healthiest meat we can find... and just the other day I even made us our own hamburger buns :-) and they turned out so well! Even our fries are homemade and baked rather than fried.. it's so nice to get to eat my "junk food" as it's known as, without it being completely loaded with junk :-) Above is a picture of our homemade cheeseburger with a homemade bun and homemade fries :-)

Comments

  1. Sharon...that is positively the most scrumptious looking burger I have ever seen! It's amazing! What's more....I bet it tasted even more scrumptious. How do you get ridges in your fries? Do you have one of those pampered chef dodad things? Also, it's funny...I just learned this week how to bake with yeast w/o a breadmaker :o) It has been so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just learned how to bake with yeast without a breadmaker about a month ago by accident :) I somehow have always in the past killed the yeast when I try to activate it as they say to do... well one day when my breadmaker wouldn't work I just threw all of the ingredients into my kitchenaide mixer out of frustration because I didn't want to waste it... thinking it was already ruined why not try :-) and it made the best bread I've ever made! I haven't pulled my breadmaker out since! So I skip the activate the yeast step and just put it all in my kitchaid like I would the breadmaker and turn it on for 20-25 minutes and it has made the best breads!
    The ridges on the fries are from a fancy cutter that I was given by my grandma (it's not pampered chef but the same idea) :-) she always liked to make her food "look" good so she had all kinds of gadgets to dress up food and that one I was luck enough to inherit :-) it has come in handy so many times making boring vegetables just "look" different and my kids would go for them :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts