What's a German???
The boys are always so curious... part of me absolutely LOVES their curiosity and desire to learn. The other part of me is always challenged as to how best to answer them. There are questions at times that I really don't care to have to explain any further... questions such as the one I was asked at lunch the other day...
"mom... how did Jesus put Harrison into your belly?"
um........... well.............. "Jesus can do anything." was my response :-)
This morning we were having German pancakes for breakfast and Colin wanted to know...
"mom... what's a German???"
thankfully... daddy was home this time to pass the question onto :-) I think I try to over think things I just couldn't think of anything to say to answer this in terms I thought a five year old would understand. The other thing I forget is they understand MUCH more than I give them credit for. Nathan simply answered him "a German is a nationality of people that come from the country Germany."
And he understood :-)
"mom... how did Jesus put Harrison into your belly?"
um........... well.............. "Jesus can do anything." was my response :-)
This morning we were having German pancakes for breakfast and Colin wanted to know...
"mom... what's a German???"
thankfully... daddy was home this time to pass the question onto :-) I think I try to over think things I just couldn't think of anything to say to answer this in terms I thought a five year old would understand. The other thing I forget is they understand MUCH more than I give them credit for. Nathan simply answered him "a German is a nationality of people that come from the country Germany."
And he understood :-)

Comments
Post a Comment