Full Days
It seems like we have been going non-stop since we got back from the Labor Day trip but there really isn't a lot to report on it seems :-) Nathan is busy working hard day in and day out, blessing our socks off so I can stay home with our munchkins. And I am blessed with the rewards of all of his hard work by getting my hearts desire because of my dear husband! And the kids get to stay home and keep us on our toes :-) I guess that is just life with a house full of young children. They sure keep you going day after day after day. We can't say we're bored that's for sure! We've started a little homeschool/preschool program that I do four days a week with Colin and Alexander. They are really enjoying it (I think :-) It's amazing what you can learn about your kids with each new activity you do with them. I spend all day everyday with our children, you'd think I knew them inside and out, but they never cease to amaze me! Colin LOVES to learn! He is only 4, so he doesn't want to do lessons all day, but the 30 minutes a day we spend working on worksheets and projects he just loves! Alexander could probably sit and color for hours! He also LOVES to get to cut pieces of paper into a million tiny bits, anything that makes him feel like he's causing destrution :-) Colin has memorized his first Bible verse, he can say and identify all of his ABC's (most days :-), he can count and identify 1-20 (almost 30 but not quite there) and he can write his name all by himself now. I bought a workbook for him to work on that has a lot of coloring activities that I have actually been giving most of the sheets to Alexander to do :-) Colin just loves to trace things and learn how to write his letters and numbers (which by the way there are TONS of free printable things on the internet so you don't have to buy workbooks :-). We've start to go to the library on a weekly basis and the boys are really enjoying it, as am I! The library is such a great resource! I love getting to borrow the books and see which ones the boys REALLY like and want to have read to them over and over before I buy them. With our Monday cleaning and grocery shopping day, Tuesday Playgroup day, and Thursday errands day and Friday library day a well as our preschool program, life with our children has been very full, fun, rewarding (challenging :-), and most of all extremely blessed! Life with children is just so amazing! Even with the sleepless nights, passing illnesses around for weeks on end, messy house, and loads of laundry :-) It is SO worth every bit! We can't imagine life without our wonderful blessings! Colin, Alexander and Emma have add so much joy to our lives! There's never a day that goes by that Colin and Alexander don't make me laugh, or make me just want to squeeze them and never let go. Or even a few hours can't pass without one of Emma's sweet smiles just making me want to cry with joy, she is so, so, so sweet! The Lord has blessed us so much more than we deserve with these wonderful children! Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Comments
Post a Comment